• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

A Scented Candle for Your Holiday Seasons

Happy Holidays. :)
  2. O

California MicroSolutions CompatiCard I - Complete in Box with 8" Adapter - $150

I have a MicroSolutions CompatiCard I that is complete in box. I've tested it and it works. It also comes with the 8" floppy drive adapter. I don't know if this adapter was originally included with it. This is really for a 386 or older. It'll work on newer machines, but you have to disable...
  3. O

Test My Software Archive Website?

Hello. I'm looking for feedback on a vintage-computer-friendly website I made to host an archive of my personal software collection. It's currently 80% Macintosh and will be about 20% Apple ][ as I finish imaging those, then eventually a few DOS games as my DOS collection grows. It's only...
  4. O

Ultima V World Map Poster - Apple II Edition

For all you Ultima V fans out there (my favorite of the series.) This one took me a while. My source file for the actual map is about 50 layers or so because it's every glyph + font used on the map. This is the original Apple II version. Since no one ever extracted the tileset for the Apple II...
  5. O

Force 320x200 sync signal?

Quite a while ago I managed to find an Epiphan AV.io video capture device on clearance at B&H. It was ridiculously cheap, I think I paid under $100 for it. I intended to use it for pixel perfect capture of my vintage PC and Macs. It does allow for custom timings, but only if it matches the...
  6. O

How do I remove the bezel from an IBM L170 6734-AC0?

I'm trying to do a panel swap on this IBM LCD, but I can't get the bezel off. It unclips easily enough from the top and bottom, but not from the sides. All I'm doing is damaging the bezel. I couldn't find a service manual for the AC0, only the later models. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  7. O

Software for writing to MO WORM discs?

I've found occasional references to older WORM drives for 5.25" MO WORM discs on the Macintosh, and some sort of bundled software that's included with it. Does anyone know what the software was? What I can use to write to 2GB WORM disks on an HP MO drive? Preferably for 68k, but PowerPC would...
  8. O

XTFDC Tech Support Please

After much Googling and fiddling around, I think I'm on the right track? There's surprisingly little to no documentation on troubleshooting the XTFDC. The Multi-Floppy BIOS utility shows my primary at IRQ6 / DRQ2, which is correct. I want to use my XTFDC as a secondary controller, as my...
  9. O

WTB: XT-FDC BIOS & RAM

I was wondering if someone here has an XT-FDC BIOS for sale? I don't have a burner or anything, and I have everything except the BIOS and memory. Anxious to get it all soldered. I'm in the U.S.A. Thanks, oP
  10. O

WTB: Shiva Rackmount Ears

Looking to buy rackmount ears for Shiva branded networking equipment. Specifically for a FastPath, but it looks like Shiva used the same enclosure for everything. oP
  11. O

WTB: XT-FDC PCB or populated card.

Hoping someone might still have an extra PCB or populated card. I'm surprised to not see any on eBay. XT-IDEs seem to be all over the place.
  12. O

Anyone in the Bay Area still fix VCRs?

Looking for someone who still fixes VCRs. I have a vintage RCA VKP-950. I've replaced all the belts and put in a new idler, but the spindles still don't work correctly. Someone had worked on it before I purchased it, and said "just needs new belts." But there's something else wrong, and I...
  13. O

Did anyone here ever fix VCRs? Not sure where to begin.

I have a vintage RCA VKP-950. I got it cuz it was the same year model (and even bundled with) as my RCA Dimensia TV. Title for the auction said it was an easy fix, just needs new belts. Well, I did that. Made a terrible grinding noise before and after replacement. I also installed a new...
  14. O

Rev. A Microsolutions CompatiCard I Errors - Not working or just not compatible?

I have a Revision A Microsolutions CompatiCard I card, but I can't seem to get it to work. However, I don't have an older computer to know if it's a compatibility issue, or if my card is broken. When used as a secondary controller, I always get a "DIVIDE OVERFLOW" when I attempt to access the...
  15. O

SE/30 & SE Ethernet Card Summer Blockbuster Sale (& IIsi Adapters)

I have the following ethernet cards for sale. Price includes shipping. Please indicate if you need a mounting bracket (not if you simply want an extra.) I have a limited number of mounting brackets. I tested all of these previously, so they should work. However, I don't have an SE or SE/30...
  16. O

WTB / WTT: Apple Disk ][ Drive (Bay Area)

Looking for someone in the Bay Area (I'm in the South Bay) who might have an working extra Disk ][ drive for trade or sale. I have various vintage Apple II and Macintosh items I can use for trade or in addition to payment. I'd use one of my many Unidisks, but it doesn't work with the sensor...
  17. O

South Bay Area Vintage Computer Meetup - This Saturday

Hello, I'm just posting here in case anyone else is interested. A few of us over at 68k MLA will (hopefully) be meeting this Saturday at Excess Solutions for a vintage computer meetup. We plan to be there from 12 to 2. There seems to be a lot going on in the North Bay in terms of computer...
  18. O

Icon 7 by Microseeds (published by Inline Design) for System 7

Howdy, I just snagged a copy of this nifty utility off eBay. Unfortunately the disk is unreadable. I tried it in several different floppy drives, including my AEHD+ which is very good at reading disks my Apple drive can't, but no go. Interestingly Microseeds is still around. I threw them an...
  19. O

WTB: 4 pin DPST AT illuminated power button (1"x1")

I'm trying to find a power button for my 486 PC that'll fit this: All the buttons I've been able to find don't fit. While they might be 1", the retaining clips are either too big or too far apart.
  20. O

Data General Eclipse 9000 Mini computer with tape drive

https://auctionbdi.hibid.com/lot/54263460/r2-ready-for-repair?cpage=3 So this is the second one I've seen here. First one sold for around $150. I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know much about mini computers. But that looks really cool. :)
Back