• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Junk bin ZX Spectrum board

Well, I did it! I unwound what was left of the coil. Curiously it seems like the numbers given by the schematics are the number of turns. I got it to 38 turns for the outer windings and 14 for the inner coil. Now I'm not confident that it was exactly 14 since a few turns were under the broken...
  2. A

Borrowed a DSO today and did some poking around, it seems like the ULA might be somewhat alive? First test was to see if it did the notorious clock stretching thing when the address is in the video ram space: All the four states of A14 and A15, so you can see it is only doing the clock...
  3. A

Hello again!, Well, I had to give it a go and run the ULA for itself on a breadboard, it still run really hot!, measuring it it uses 440mA, but 120mA or so of that is going through those resistors. So let's say 320mA, so that's ~1.6W!? [But this might be normal?, from reading this thread on...
  4. A

Hi guys!, It's been quite a long time since I have made the last update on this junk-bin board. But lately I've bought a few junk-bins of logic ICs off eBay and in the last box that I bought, these little ICs was included: Those are indeed 4116 and 416 DRAMs, albeit 300ns instead of the...
  5. A

DIGITUS of Sweden, have I found a KIM-1 clone from 1982?

I replaced the caps, and you were right, it actually just worked :) As you can see, I have moved the content of 0010 to 0011.
  6. A

Decided to unplug the big header-connector and measure the voltages, got 4.82V on the 5V line before a electrolytic capacitor started smelling and venting. I couldn't hear any hum at all from the transformer, so I'm feeling quite positive that the two PSUs are usable. The 5V one got a big...
  7. A

Found this strange 6502 based contraption that someone have soldered together and built a beautiful case for. It's number 8 and the PCB have a sticker that says "DIGITUS of Sweden, AB", and then there's just a revision number on the back of the PCB: MOP11-11-81 (Hello MOP if you're reading...
  8. A

SPEA Graphiti Gallery S (Mega Gallery), High Resolution Video Card for AutoCAD? WORK!

So I was wrong about it only running on Windows 3.11, it actually support 3.0, 3.1 and 3.11. Just 3.11 require a special file to work, that was included on the SPEA Win diskette. Anyway, I made the excellent mistake of just going for it and installing the Windows driver from the diskette and...
  9. A

SPEA Graphiti Gallery S (Mega Gallery), High Resolution Video Card for AutoCAD? WORK!

Hi guys!, Thought I had posted about this card back when I got this old 486er a few years ago, that used to be a AutoCAD workstation. Was dumb and installed a new version of DOS before I had backed up the drive, so I thought the drivers for this card were lost forever. Forward to today...
  10. A

Diskette drive faulty in IBM PS/2 Model 30-286

Many months passed... Many months passed... I've spent the day poking around at the PS/2, tinned the ends of the two ribbon cables connecting the Floppy drive to the motherboard and hooked it into a bread board. If there's a signal somewhere, it should be available there! This didn't get me...
  11. A

Hi guys!, A while back I saw a board with a Sinclair logo on a bare board, among a bunch of old PC-gear, and I decided right away that I had to have it! It was missing IC's, and I found out some parts are broken and PCB traces might be damaged. At least the Z80, the BASIC ROM and the Ferranti...
  12. A

ajcc's Computer Adventures

Sparky got an update Sparky got an update So I updated the OpenBoot in Sparky. Have to say that I was really surprised that it just worked to burn an EEPROM and stick it in, in place of the old one. The new one is a cheapo EEPROM in a plastic DIP, the old one was a EPROM in a beautiful ceramic...
  13. A

A small update, somewhat on topic A small update, somewhat on topic Haven't spent that much time with the SUNs, I've mostly been going between work and sleep. Today I had some free time and went and got myself a storage shelf. Took it home on the bus (should get a drivers license, this is...
  14. A

Thanks!, and that's a neat stack! The Classic is a machine I'd like to find. Do you have tapes for that drive?, what's the capacity on those? I had an IPC years ago, neat little machine although very slow and limited memory (40MB I think?). I'm also working on getting my Ultra1 up and running...
  15. A

Did some work on the IPX today Did some work on the IPX today So it's been a while but I finally got around to work on the IPX today. Was going to install OpenBSD on it but I found out it have a AUI connector for the ethernet. Bummer!, so I have to get one of those AUI to TP adapters. Anyway...
  16. A

The PS/1 Type 2011 seem to use the same 72X6068 Alps drive. The Reserved PIN 4 is Drive Type ID 1.
  17. A

This have been my day... This have been my day...
  18. A

Hi guys! I got myself an IBM PS/2 Model 30 with a 10 MHz 286er in it. I've been having quite a fight with it recently and now I'm completely stuck. The ALPS diskette drive that came with the computer had its capacitors leak and ruin the circuit, so it doesn't work. I thought it would just have...
  19. A

Found a Spectravideo SV-328 today!, without a wallwart :(

So there was a disassembled Spectravideo in my bathtub. The Spectravideo had a bath and is now drying :) It's previous user had mounted a reset-switch into the case and a DIN-5 plug that's hooked up to the back of the video/audio/RF-out connector. Thought it was for a tape deck at first. It...
  20. A

Found a Spectravideo SV-328 today!, without a wallwart :(

So I found the pin-outs in the SV-328 manual, the pin-out numbering is the proper DIN 5-pin pin-numbering, and it's not the plug as shown on the back of the Spectravideo. Something like that, very confusing, they always are for some reason. And it actually works!, the keyboard is so dirty and...
Back