• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

DIGITUS of Sweden, have I found a KIM-1 clone from 1982?

Found this strange 6502 based contraption that someone have soldered together and built a beautiful case for. It's number 8 and the PCB have a sticker that says "DIGITUS of Sweden, AB", and then there's just a revision number on the back of the PCB: MOP11-11-81 (Hello MOP if you're reading...
  2. A

SPEA Graphiti Gallery S (Mega Gallery), High Resolution Video Card for AutoCAD? WORK!

Hi guys!, Thought I had posted about this card back when I got this old 486er a few years ago, that used to be a AutoCAD workstation. Was dumb and installed a new version of DOS before I had backed up the drive, so I thought the drivers for this card were lost forever. Forward to today...
  3. A

Junk bin ZX Spectrum board

Hi guys!, A while back I saw a board with a Sinclair logo on a bare board, among a bunch of old PC-gear, and I decided right away that I had to have it! It was missing IC's, and I found out some parts are broken and PCB traces might be damaged. At least the Z80, the BASIC ROM and the Ferranti...
  4. A

Diskette drive faulty in IBM PS/2 Model 30-286

Hi guys! I got myself an IBM PS/2 Model 30 with a 10 MHz 286er in it. I've been having quite a fight with it recently and now I'm completely stuck. The ALPS diskette drive that came with the computer had its capacitors leak and ruin the circuit, so it doesn't work. I thought it would just have...
  5. A

ajcc's Computer Adventures

Hi guys!, So during the last two years I've managed to find some old SUN Microsystems computers, all given to me by very generous people. Since they're old now, time goes fast! I thought someone might be interested in my bad habit of carrying heavy computers home by bus. My latest one is a...
  6. A

Found a Spectravideo SV-328 today!, without a wallwart :(

Hi guys! Been quite a while since I wrote anything on the forums, but today I found a Spectravideo SV-328 as the topic suggests. Sadly they didn't have a wallwart for it and the required 9VAC @ 1.5A and 16VAC @ 0.8A isn't something I have at home. So I thought it must be regulating that power...
  7. A

Found a Luxor ABC-800 without a monitor today

Hi guys!, so I was out flea marketing today and in a shelf on a loft I found an ABC 800 all alone, with a broken key. I spent some time trying to figure out how it was powered, and I saw the weird monitor/power connector, bummer! But since it's the first time I ever see a wild Luxor...
  8. A

Thinking about getting a 68882 FPU for my Color Classic

Hi guys! I found a beautiful Color Classic on a flea market last summer, for which I paid a mere €10. How did I get it so cheap?, well I found it on a large outdoor flea market, on a football field (soccer for you yanks), arranged by the local club. All the things are donated from peoples...
  9. A

Help in programming the 8088 (specifically the NEC V60)

Hi guys! So in the last weekend my little brother got himself a Sharp PC-4500 portable computer. It's powered by a NEC V60 CPU and got two 720kB drives and a 80x25(?) monochrome LCD screen. That's it really, apart from a serial port and the keyboard. We have managed to find a PC-DOS 3.2...
  10. A

Built a VGA cable for my LC

Hey guys! This this Friday I thought about taking my LC out and put it into use. Sadly I didn't have a Macintosh Video DB15 to VGA HD15 adapter laying around. So I thought that since I was going to hook it up to a KVM anyway, I could just as well just build a nice cable/adapter. It's all pretty...
  11. A

How do I make attachments?

I want to attach a bunch of pictures but the attachment manager is refusing, in quite odd ways. How do you use it?
  12. A

How do you start your day?

Ever since I read William Gibson's book Virtual light some six months ago, I've started every morning with a cup of black coffee and eggs either fried, boiled or, on a fine day, an omelet. All in this order: Spend as long as I can in bed before climbing down the ladder (on my bunk bed), walk up...
  13. A

Programming the Programmable Data Processor

I've been dreaming a lot about pdp machines lately, probably because I found a PDP-8 video on YouTube recently, and that the Motorola 68000 is said to be inspired by the PDP (or VAX?). So since I've been wondering how it was like to use these machines, I've been looking for stories about them...
  14. A

Generic CADD 6.0/6.1

My father is looking for a copy of Generic CADD with the correct hardware lock, 5.25" floppies or 3.5" diskettes doesn't matter. He uses Generic CADD in his work and need the extra copy so he doesn't have to move his computer when he want to work from home or in his factory office.
  15. A

Hello from Sweden!

As they say in the Eurovision Song contest. I may not be a collector of the physical artifacts we call vintage computers, instead I collect and explore stories and ideas behind computers and their use. My great inspiration behind all this is my first meeting with a UNIX computer, namely a SGI...
  16. A

How to utilize a Sonnet Presto LC CPU-"accelerator"?

It's a LC update, that is a PDS card with a XC68LC040RC33B (clocked @ 25MHz though). On the board also have some sort of address decoding or bus interface: 4x octal buffers (tri-state), 2x octal flip-flops (tri-state), 1x octal line buffer (tri-state), 1x octal identity comparator (looks like an...
  17. A

Information on 386 system desgin

Hi! I've been wanting to construct my own computer, from chips and wire, since I was a little kid. And I've been thinking and reading about many different ways of doing this. But finally I decided that a small Intel 386 based computer should be my goal. Why the Intel 386? It's just the perfect...
Back