• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

IBM 2321 Data Cell

Guys, I collect computer artefacts with a special interest in media. I have been trying to get hold of a IBM 2321 Data cell removable medium for some time with little success. Do any of you know where I could get hold of one of these? (not eBAy as, when they do turn up, they are always very...
  2. P

IBM 2321 Data Cell

Guys, I collect computer artefacts with a special interest in media. I have been trying to get hold of a IBM 2321 Data cell removable medium for some time with little success. Do any of you know where I could get hold of one of these? (not eBAy as, when they do turn up, they are always very...
  3. P

Fleamarkets in the USA

Guys, How likely am I to find vintage (50s to 70s) computer items at fleamarkets and equivalents in the States? Or elsewhere? Only I am driving around the USA in September and October and I am looking to expand my collection... Many thanks, peter
  4. P

Restoring some Univac 1050s modules

Guys, I have two 1950s Univac thermionic tube/valve modules in my collection. They are dirty (understandably...). Can anyone give some method(s) I could use to clean them up without destroying them and their labels? Many thanks, peter
  5. P

Aperture cards

I want to add these to my collection of punch cards. (These are the ones that have a microfiche in the aperture.) Thanks, peter
  6. P

Looking for 80 column cards with a microfiche window

I want to add these to my collection of punch cards. Where is the best place to look for these amongst your forums? Thanks, peter
  7. P

Technical help with an IBM disk 62PC

Now with photo of the thing itself (Should have done it before!)
  8. P

Technical help with an IBM disk 62PC

Who knows anything about this unit? See photo of its label. I need to know where it was used and also how to dismantle the disk bit from the motor and electronics base. Not that I will necessarily do it... Many thanks, peter
  9. P

Looking for IBM 5250 or 3270 display

What can I add? Preferably working and not too expensive. I live in England. Many thanks!
  10. P

IBM 2312 data cell

The "clonk woooosh, ..." bulk data system for IBM 360 in the 60s/70s. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_2321_Data_Cell. Does anyone out there have any of the actual data cells, in any condition within limits? I collect computer media from the year dot to the 80s and one of these came up on...
  11. P

IBM 2312 data cell

The "clonk woooosh, ..." bulk data system for IBM 360 in the 60s/70s. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_2321_Data_Cell. Does anyone out there have any of the actual data cells, in any condition within limits? I collect computer media from the year dot to the 80s and one of these came up on...
  12. P

A great computer mystery!

It is relatively easy to find American computer artifacts from the 50s to the 80s. Does anybody know why there never seems to be any British computer artifacts around (on eBay for example) for that period? IN hope, peter
  13. P

A great computer mystery!

It is relatively easy to find American computer artifacts from the 50s to the 80s. Does anybody know why there never seems to be any British computer artifacts around (on eBay for example) for that period? IN hope, peter
  14. P

IBM 2321 data Cell

The "clonk woooosh, ..." bulk data system for IBM 360 in the 60s/70s. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_2321_Data_Cell. Does anyone out there have any of the actual data cells, in any condition within limits? I collect computer media from the year dot to the 80s and one of these came up...
  15. P

Identity of a Data general I/O board

This board is type # 107000063-08. From the curly tracks it looks like an early one. Can anyone confirm this was one of the first board types made by DG for the original Nova. This is URGENT! Many thanks, peter
  16. P

Vintage mainframes

Can someone point me to sites where bits of pre-1965 mainframes might be found? Many thanks.
  17. P

1950-60s computer modules

I am looking to obtain (cheaply!) some computer boards/modules of the transistor-transistor type from early computers. Anyone tell me where I oculd obtain some of these for my private museum, preferably in E=England or Europe? Many thanks.
Back