• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Dynabook 286?

Does anyone out there have a Dynabook 286? I have recently trash picked one of these that is incomplete, and no idea if the system works or not. This is *NOT* the same thing as a Toshiba Dynabook... it was made by a company called Dynabook Technologies Corporation, and is of rather stout...
  2. G

The South Macintosh IIci $400

Macintosh IIci Everything pictured is included with the exception of the monitor. This machine has been recapped floppy drive cleaned and everything works great. Specs: 32MB RAM 1.2 GB SCSI Quantum Fireball Apple Extended Keyboard II in excellent condition, almost looks new! Apple desktop wedge...
  3. G

Tandy 1000 spotted in commercial spot

There's a new Ghostbusters themed Quickbooks ad on TV right now. In the background is clearly a Tandy 1000 desktop case model.
  4. G

Spotted on eBay: Olivetti Minidisc

Paging Chuck...
  5. G

Laser Printer as accelerator?

It's been said many times in the past that the early laser printers had compute power equal to or better than the host machines that they were connected to. Were there ever any attempts made to harness this extra power for applications other than printing?
  6. G

Super R@RE!

Just when you think you've seen it all...
  7. G

Radius PrecisionColor 8-24X Acceleration?

I just got one of these buggers from a (semi-) local seller on eBay. It is fully loaded with RAM (I believe 3MB?) Anyways, it seems to work fine in 24-bit mode but I can't tell if it's actually accelerating the graphics at all. According to all documentation I can find online this is supposed to...
  8. G

Open Source A500 Accelerator

Don't know if many over here are aware, but someone's doing a reasonably priced 020/030/040/060 open source accelerator for the A500 over on eab. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=58918&page=8
  9. G

eBay oops...

Nope, nope, and nope!
  10. G

Dvorak alternative history?

There's some interesting... ahem, anecdotes in this article. http://www.dvorak.org/blog/whatever-happened-to-the-texas-instruments-home-computer/ While there's certainly some good points to be made for the lack of certain keys on the keyboard, I do recall writing a few papers with TI Writer...
  11. G

eBay: IBM PC Music Feature

Not mine, and spendy... http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-PC-Music-Feature-81X8630-/141939086101?hash=item210c3a9315:g:pmMAAOSwwpdW9B7p
  12. G

Valentine's Day Heart Candies

Not completely offtopic... look closely...these were at my daughter's school Valentine's Day party yesterday. So, I guess dot matrix printers have use today. Nothing says I love you like it, don't you think?
  13. G

Seen on eBay: Commodore A2024 Monitor

This isn't mine, but it's an oddball beastie for the Amiga, and I'm sure someone might be interested in it on here. I've known about these, but haven't seen one before...
  14. G

Commodore 128D NTSC->PAL conversion

Hey guys... I have successfully converted my NTSC 128D to a PAL one. I was able to get a PAL VIC-IIe chip off of eBay, changed out the existing VIC with it, changed the dot clock crystal out for the one specified and soldered one of the jumper pads. . From studying the schematic it looks like...
  15. G

CompuColor 8001?

Anyone got one of these? I was poking around on oldcomputers.net last night and was reminded of this thing. It looked pretty advanced for the time, and beat the Apple II to market. I'm also reminded about how "silicon valley" tends to get a little too much press for "firsts" than other...
  16. G

FS: Macintosh ADB keyboards - $10 each

I've got two Macintosh AppleDesign ADB keyboards, model M2980 for sale. $10 each. They are dirty but otherwise okay.
  17. G

FS: Generic 486 DX/2-66 Baby AT

I'm trying to thin out my collection. This was used actively as my tweener system up until recently, but I've since replaced it with a newer, smaller machine, and this is probably more interesting to someone to use besides just a tweener it's gonna go. The motherboard is I believe a Young Micro...
  18. G

Candidate for one of the worst predictions of the future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsep87X_wck Start watching at 6:18 and watch for a couple minutes. The gray haired gentleman is Alan Shugart.
  19. G

Someone from China attempted to break into my account

The forum alerted me to the fact that someone from a Chinese IP address attempted to log in to my account yesterday. I've since changed my password for safety's sake. Just curious if others have had that happen in the past day or so.
  20. G

Convert NTSC Commodore 128 to PAL?

Anybody undertaken this? Looks like all you'd need is a PAL VIC chip and a different crystal. Seems like some software might benefit from the timing change. Of course the only drawback is... I don't have a PAL monitor. I do have a capture card that I could put in a PC that will display PAL or...
Back