• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

got a chevy half ton for free!!!

a while back, i talked about fixing up a old dodge d-50, but once i got the motor out, and took out the oil pan, i found chunks of metal in it, so i decided to move on...(sob). On our farm, we had an old 89 chev that was sitting for a couple of years, and was thought to be trash. I'de decided...
  2. J

wifi security at hotel

Tonight i was bored, so i decided to get into our hotels wireless netowork. I thought it would be blocked but saprisingly it wasen't, and as a result i found some disterbing stuff. Therer were pictures of moldy matresses, other moldy furniture, and also information on there finances! just...
  3. J

life simulation project

Hello, I've recently been working on my life simulation project, and i am curently just before the AI. I was wondering if any of you know of any good articles, documents, or books on artificial intelagence, preferably based in C. I was also wondering if you guys (and gals) think i should just...
  4. J

Windows XP question

Hello, it's been awhile scince last on this forum, and i thought it was about time i bug you guys for some advice. Hmm, how should i put this? Well... one of my friends decided to download windows XP in an .iso file off of limewire, and well he was wondering that scince this particular version...
  5. J

scored linksys wireles router, laptop netwrk card and usb networkadapter

Last weekend when i was at a city, i was wanting to get a router and network card to make a network. So, i bought a cheap router and network card from zellers for $45.00 wich was cheap. I then went to a Princess auto (don't know if its in Americia) wich is a giant part shop in all the major...
  6. J

Dodge D-5 rebuild

A few weeks months ago, the motor in my Dodge D-5 got seized (incorrect spelling) while driving down the road. The bering in the crank shaft is gone on it, and it needs to be replaced, so..... Last week i started working on it, i took of the rear box, took out the radiator, air intake, and other...
  7. J

overclocking pentium 2

About a month ago, i bought a SEANIX pentium 2 350MHz with USB at a semi anual town flee-market, for five bucks. I also had 128 MB of ram, and the best part was it had a decent grafics card ( i just found out tonight)! It is an ATI RADEON AGP card with 32MB of vram. Anywho, i bought a couple...
  8. J

does this program work?

Will this program work in standardized C compilers? #include<stdio.h> main() { float a; int b; a = 5; b = 2; printf("%f", a/b); } It should work right, because even though an interger, and float is used, the resulting number is a float. It...
  9. J

unopened windows box worth anything?

Is an unopened windows 3.1 worth anything? If so, how much?
  10. J

my three additions

Today, at a towns semi-annual rummage sale i picked up two new(ish) computers, and an older one. The newest is a SEANIX Pentium 2 350MHZ, with USB. It's easy to upgrade, but spent like two hours looking for a stupid ATI driver, after i wiped the hard drive and installed 98. Soon i will put a...
  11. J

does Turbo C 2.01 have graphic capabilities?

Does Turbo C version 2.01 have graphical capabilities? Can i use real time graphics, so i can have a dot move across the screen, or something simple? If so is there a free online, book i can take a look at?
  12. J

got a new, well old compaq

on the weekend i got a compaq 486 33MHz CD. It has a weird i think SCSI CD-rom, which eventually led to a problem. The windows 95 boot disk i have only supports standard IDE CD-roms, so i tried to put one on via slave, but it didn't work. I guess i will have to live with windws 3.1. On the...
  13. J

Making a go cart

It all started about few months ago.... we were stoping to visit my dads friend, (who is an ex mechanic due to the fact that he's old, and he can only use his thumb and pointer finger on each hand.) who's place is quite cool because it had old motors, and junk lying around. By one of his junk...
  14. J

PS2 at 300Mhz!!!

I saw that the PS2 clockspeed is at 300MHz. Thats amasing! If I had a 600Mhz computer that could play those type of games, i'd be shocked let alone, a 300MHz computer! I wonder how they do it?
  15. J

uploading test picture

test picture
  16. J

life simulation program

I am planning to write a life simulation program. I got the idea from a old mactech magazine, and thought it would be fun. I am going to write the program in C.This program is why i needed a random function. It will simulate a city. It will factor in death, growth, population, disasters, and...
  17. J

modem speed

Is 38.6KBPS ok for a 56K modem ok??? What is the average speed?
  18. J

Need driver for modem

I recently reinstalled windows 98 on my Dell XPS T450, and there is no stock driver for my modem, so i need another one, hopefully off of the internet. It is a 56K 3Com, US Robotics modem, and i think it has faxing capabilities. I took it out of the computer, and the model is: 0637. Is there...
  19. J

XT Monitor

I have recetly aquired an IBM XT. It is huge, and weighs a ton!!! I picked it up for five bucks, and looks pretty cool. The one thing i have to ask is, what type of monitor do i need for it.
  20. J

Randome program in C

Can someone write me a simple program in plain C (not c+, c++, etc.) that randomly picks a number from 1 to 10? Please make it as simple as possible. I have a couple C book's, and none of them decribes or even mentions the random function.
Back