• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

IBM 5155 wont turn on unless I detach P8 power cable

It’s alive! Haha brilliant. I just cut off c56 and now it spins up. Easiest fix ever. Why on earth did IBM install a capacitor it doesn’t need. Will it cause other problems down the line?
  2. P

IBM 5155 wont turn on unless I detach P8 power cable

****Update! Found the solution here! http://minuszerodegrees.net/5150_516..._beeps_1_1.htm**** Hey guys. Haven’t turned my 5155 on for a couple of years. When I did it turned on for 4 seconds and went dead. The PSU fan does a half spin and then nothing. But when I unplug P8 power cable on the...
  3. P

Orange blur on IBM 5155

Great Russ. The specs was a great help. I hooked my MD Monitor for my 5170 to the VEGA card and adjusted the pins. Worked after a few configurations as you can see. But I really wanna use the build in monitor. Do any of you wanna sell me an IBM CGA card or trade it in with the VEGA card? :) As...
  4. P

Orange blur on IBM 5155

Ok guys. Mystery solved. It turns out there is a compact (and very silent) hard drive installed in ISA slot #0. I guess the controller and every thing is build right into the card. There is not even a power cable connected to the card?! But I can hear that it boots up on the harddrive. Have you...
  5. P

Orange blur on IBM 5155

Hey guys. Just got a IBM 5155 in mint condition for 100USD (in Denmark). I powers up and try to boot from the A: floppy. Only (big) problem is the monitor - it's blank. If I turn the contrast and brightnes-dials all the way up I get a orange blur as you can se in the picture. So I guess it rules...
  6. P

Cleaning motherboard and analog board in the dishwasher

Hey guys. I have a 512K that makes no sign of life at all when I power it up. No sound no electric humming. The analog board looks ok. No leaking caps or bad soldering (of what I can see). I still think the analog board is the problem since there is no sound at all. Or could it be the...
  7. P

Easiest way to connect a Plus to the internet?

Hey guys, just got a Mac 128KB with the Plus upgrade kit and external harddrive. Would be fun to get hooked up to the Net. What is the easiest way. SCSI to ethernet or LocalTalk to ethernet adapter, and will I need drivers for those adapters? And another question. Got another 512KB with the...
  8. P

unknown add-on to VIDEX 80-column card

Hey guys, just got an Apple II Plus shipped to Copenhagen from the US.. Haven't been able to test it yet because of the NTSC-standard dosen't work on any of my TV og monitors.... But can anyone tell me what this VIDEX 80 column card add-on is? It sits on top of the motherboard and is connected...
  9. P

Install a 3,5" floppy drive in first generation 5170

Hey guys, so I got my MFM-drive to work perfectly with my first generation 5170 running DOS 5. Only problem is, that I have no way of getting software and games on to the system because it only has the original 5 1/4 floppy drive. I'm dying to get all of my childhood classic games on to the...
  10. P

ST-225 configuration in AT 5170

Hey guys, I finally got at ST-225 for my IBM 5170 (thanks johnorun) It spins up fine but when I boot from A: with DOS 5 the computer wont recognize the hard drive. I guess the BIOS isn't configured to handle a hard drive. Since I don't have the AT Setup disk, I tried to program the BIOS in Basic...
  11. P

5151 monitor to CGA-card and weird keyboard (pics included)

Couldn't figure out why my 5151 monitor didn't work with the 5170 system I just got.. I took the card out and after some Google-ling I found out the card is a CGA-card from 1986.. As you can see, there is two set of switches on the card, and I have no idea how you configure them.. one of the...
  12. P

How do I get a 3.5 floppy and Hard Drive for my 5170

Hey guys I just bought an IBM 5170 from its first production year. But the system only have the original 5 ¼ floppy and the gold-plates resistor instead of a harddrive. I want a harddrive and 3.5 inch floppy so I can get some apps and games on the machine. I normally collect old Macintoshs...
Back