• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Searching for 13" Sears LXI TV/Monitor from back in the late 80's

Hello everybody, I am looking for an item that somebody may own and want to get rid of. I am looking for a fully working, 13" Sears TV/Monitor from the late 80's. It had Composite and funny 8 pin looking RGB connector ( EIAJ-E8M ) on the back. This monitor was targeted to be used on the...
  2. B

Searching for a specific Sears LXI TV/Monitor from back in the late 80's

Hello everybody, I am looking for an item that somebody may own and want to get rid of. I am looking for a fully working, 13" Sears TV/Monitor from the late 80's. It had Composite and funny 8 pin looking RGB connector ( EIAJ-E8M ) on the back. This monitor was targeted to be used on the...
  3. B

Question about Tandy Monitor

Does anybody know whether a Tandy CM-2 monitor will work on a typical CGA video card in a generic Vintage PC? Thanks.
  4. B

Question about Composite 220v, 50Hz monitor

Hello, I just purchased a monitor recently and discovered after the fact that it was a European, 220v, 50Hz version. If I buy a Step Up Voltage Converter, will I have no problems running it on my 110v Vic-20? Are there going to be any minor issues such as screen distortion / blurr? Thanks.
  5. B

Using a Wyse Terminal monitor on a typical 286 or 386 pc

Hello everybody, I have a simple question. Is there a way to connect an old Wyse (amber or green), Terminal monitor to a common 286 / 386 or 486 computer? I know the ports on the back of one of these monitors are quite different, but is there an adapter out there that would work? Any info...
  6. B

LTB Monitor: Magnavox Computer Monitor 80 (Green Phosphor)

LTB Monitor: Magnavox Computer Monitor 80 (Green Phosphor) with good picture and no screen burn. If anybody has one for sale, please contact me. Thanks. Location: Florida, zip 33548
  7. B

Using an SD card on 286 Computer

I hear it's possible but I don't understand how to configure the BIOS for an SD card. When I install a hard drive, I have to enter all that typical info: # of heads, etc. If I use an IDE to SD adapter to hook up an SD card, what info would I enter for the drive info? Barney
  8. B

Looking for Vintage Computer: Emerson 286 w 5 1/4 floppy drive and 640k.

This is probably a long shot but here goes. I am looking for an Emerson computer that came out back in the early 90's. It's an Emerson 286 w 640k and 51/4 floppy drive. It only only one large external bay and a smaller bay for a 3 1/2 floppy drive. The computer also had a built in EGA...
  9. B

Various ISA / VLB cards for sale

Hello, I am selling 8 vintage ISA / VLB cards for sale. See below for complete list. 1. 3 EISA Cirrus Logic Graphics cards (1mb) 2. 1 EISA Sound Card (Soundblaster CT2940) 3. 1 ISA 3Com 10MB NIC card 4. 1 ISA Modem 5. 1 VLB Video Card 6. 1 VLB Controller Card (IDE & Floppy) All of...
  10. B

WHAT is the FASTEST Socket 7 Processor?

Does anybody have an idea what the fastest socket 7 processor is? I was assuming it would probably be a k6iii or k62+. Does anybody have an idea what it would be?
  11. B

FOR SALE: Fastest Socket 7 MB ever made!!!

Hello, I don't know if you are aware, but the PA-2013 is the best / fastest Socket 7 motherboard ever made. I have no use for mine anymore so therefore I've decided to sell it for a mere $15 (Paypal). Shipping will be $13. Let me know if your interrested.
  12. B

C80287XL Math Co-Procesor for 286 motherboards

I'm selling "C80287XL Math Co-Processors" for 286 motherboards. This particular model is the best Math Co-Processor made for the 286. It's able to automatically match the speed of whatever 286 processor you throw at it. It's a 40 Pin Ceramic DIP and is in good working condition. Don't leave...
  13. B

Motherboard Batteries: TADIRAN TL-5242/W - 4 pin connector

I'm selling TADIRAN Batteries ( TL-5242/W ). This is the type of battery used on Vintage 286, 386 and 486 Motherboards. If the stock battery on your Vintage motherboard is dead or leaking acid, this TADIRAN battery is a good replacement for that. Check your motherboard closely, because you...
  14. B

ESS Sound Card Question

I know that some ESS sound cards will only work in 8 bit sound mode within DOS. Does anybody know a particular ESS soundcard model that will do 16 sound in DOS games, etc? Thanks.
  15. B

I'm still a big sucker for CRT MONITORS

I don't know what it is, but when I enter a thrift store and see a 15" Sony CRT Trinitron monitor I almost lose it. I get so damn excited over those old outdated monitors I have to sit down and catch my breath. I just bought a 21" Trinitron for $3 and I'm loving it big time. Thats all....I...
  16. B

Looking for ISA Sound Card equivalent to SB but better

Hello everybody, I have a question. So far, I have only used sound cards from Soundblaster and ESS. Are there any other SoundBlaster Compatible cards out there that are just as good / same or better perforance and fairly cheap? Thanks.
  17. B

IBM Model 30 for sale - $30

If anybody is interreted, I am selling an IBM Model 30 computer. This computer is in good condition and works fine. Here are the specs: Hard drive pre-installed with DOS 4, Windows 3.0, Word and several games. It has, I believe, 1MB RAM and a 1.44 Floppy drive. There is one notable problem. A...
  18. B

IBM Model 30 for sale

If anybody is interreted, I am selling an IBM Model 30 computer. This computer is in good condition and works fine. Here are the specs: Hard drive pre-installed with DOS 4, Windows 3.0, Word and several games. It has, I believe, 1MB RAM and a 1.44 Floppy drive. There is one notable problem...
  19. B

WHO out there use an older system (8086, 286, 386 or 486) as their MAIN computer?

Is there anybody out there that actually uses an older computer system for all their computer needs (except of course the internet)?
  20. B

Turbo button issue on a 486 machine.

I have a 486 computer with a DX266 cpu. When I run it full speed, everything is fine. When I press the turbo button to slow it down, it definitely slows waaaaay down. I always figured pressing the turbo button cut the speed in half but on my this machine, it slows it down to the equivalency...
Back