• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

110 VAC input to 220 VAC Power Supply

110 VAC input to 220 VAC Power Supply, what happens? I know what happens when 220 VAC is input to a110 VAC Power Supply, a big bang and magic blue smoke.
  2. F

Western Europe IBM expansion unit 5161 reciever adapter

IBM expansion unit 5161 reciever adapter
  3. F

Settings for Oak VGA 8-bit card

Settings for Oak VGA 8-bit card. It has 4 switches nd a 9 pin and 15 pin connectors
  4. F

Western Europe 8-bit adapters.

8-bit adapters. €50.00 plus postage from Ireland. https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqB2fOYnIVbxgYHQS_3-VogBeP0agd0?e=KqPSae
  5. F

Switched on my dtk xt clone and the magic blue smoke came out..

As above. Switched off removed floppy controller. Switched on. Motherboard board OK. I'll have to inspect the damage
  6. F

Western Europe Looking for the latest XT BIOS chips. Not Super XT BIOS

Looking for the latest XT BIOS chips. Not Super XT BIOS. I installed Super XT BIOS and lost the original chips.
  7. F

My two recent posts and one from last year. XT FDC with Serial Port, ST-225, ST-277N

I got the ST-225 and ST-277N working but with a FDC in the system, the FDD doesn't work. I did get XT FDC with Serial Port working, once. Following tries I got "SYSTEM ERROR:20" I'm begining to think the SUPER XT BIOS is the source of my woes. Put the original in the XT, I here you say. I can't...
  8. F

Western Europe Backpack parallel port cd-rom power supply.

As above. The unit has a funny power connector similar to PS/2 port.
  9. F

Seagate ST-277n. Low level format?

I have a SCSI seagate st02 scsi card and an st-277n. The bios recognises the drive but fdisk doesn't. Also with floppy drive controller in xt, can't access A:
  10. F

ST-225. Post detects it. Fdisk detects it but won't form a partition.

ST-225. Post detects it. Fdisk detects it but won't form a partition. XTPC. Super BIOS. Post says 1 hard drive, FDISK detects it but FDISK hangs when making a partition. Any pointers for answers.
  11. F

Peculiar boot up on V20 with Super XT BIOS.

I have a an 5150 with a Super XT BIOS. and V20 chip. Using a Hercules VGA card PC boots and loads DOS from an XT-IDE card. How ever with an MDA card it boots to screen with A>> C>> F6 F11. Nothing happens when I press any key. Keyboard works in other set up. EDIT: Tis an XT...
  12. F

Scsi cd drive recognised by bios but not accessible using oakcdrom and mscdex.

As above. Do I need to use driver?
  13. F

Pentium -s 100 MHz and OS/2 Warp 3.

I came across a Pentium-S 100 MHz PC. I'm going to install OS/2 Warp 3 to see it working. I'll report back on the configuration and result.
  14. F

PC/XT IBM configuration.

I think I had a thread about this so I'm just updating before I finish up. PC/XT with memory card up to 640 kb. Full length FDC with parallel port and 360 kb FDD. XT-IDE CF card with DOS 6.30 and mTCP connected to Internet by a XIRCOM PE3. I might put in a XT-FDC and serial port to use a GOTEK.
  15. F

Northern Europe Looking for drivers and software for a 3Com Etherlink III PCI NIC.

Actually it's a Genius LAN PCI I checked.
  16. F

IBM XT 5160 System error 20?

Configuration: Memory card Parallel port card VGA card WDXT GEN2 card XT-FDD serial card I get system error 20 and a continue prompt Continue and POST beep
  17. F

5150, Blown fuse or capacitor in PSU?

I heard a click and the 5150 shutdown. Troubleshooting I found that the MCB in the house fuse board had tripped. Reset that. Discovered the 220 VAC to 110 VAC step down transformer power lead plug fuse had blown. Changed leads, transformer came on. 5150 still dead. Changed PSU, 5150 posts...
  18. F

Trying to ID EGA card.

Trying to ID EGA card. Closest I can get is https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/graphics-cards/C-D/DIAMOND-FLOWER-INC-CGA-EGA-HGC-Monochrome-EG-1000.html https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqB2fOYnIVbx--BSqKEe0mvQqEjgHQ?e=cMoYpM
  19. F

Config.sys/Autoexec.bat MODE Parameters to reposition screen on a CGA monitor.

I can't recall the instructions to move a screen to the left, in this case. It was some parameters for MODE I think.
  20. F

Serial connection, Modern PC, DTK XT Clone, Serdrive?

Serial connection, Modern PC, DTK XT Clone, Serdrive. XT-IDE with CF card. XT-FDC and Serial Port. The setup works. I'm stuck here: DOS doesn't seem to assign a drive letter. As stated before, when the XUB discovers a serial drive, it will end up being mapped by DOS to a drive letter, e.g...
Back