• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. vrs42

Looking for dec-08-aj4e-pb

I've got some files from Doug which tried to be this tape image, but it seems to be truncated. (There's no trailer.) It should have the REMOVE and REPLAC overlays to remove or replace the FOCAL69 extended functions. Does anyone have the tape image? I see that RICM has a picture of the...
  2. vrs42

D662/D664 Diode Replacements?

It has happened to me a couple of times now. I go to Mouser, and I spend an afternoon staring at data sheets for switching diodes. I'm looking for diodes with low and high forward voltage drops, to replace standard bits of the logic in Bxxx, Rxxx, and Sxxx logic gates. There are almost always...
  3. vrs42

Memory Clear/Set for PDP-8

Today I stumbled across Frederick Kline's amazing contribution from 1968: http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dec/decus/decuscope/Decuscope_Vol07_1968.pdf (pages 10 and 11) and updated the code here: https://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/pdp8/memclr to include working versions...
  4. vrs42

MM8I Replacement

Related to a discussion start in the EAE thread, I have ordered prototypes of a proposed MM8I replacement: The idea is that these cards snap apart and insert into the slots that you would use to cable up a real MM8I. These could be in your PDP-8/I, your PDP-12, or in an existing MM8I. The...
  5. vrs42

PDP-8 Ramblings

I've been recently working on tooling to extract files from DECmate WPS floppies. I've also been looking at compatibility issues with Edge and my website, so-much-stuff.com. And thinking about building WPS8, looking at OS/8 build issues, not to mention PQS8, COS, and other neglected PDP-8...
  6. vrs42

OS/8 RESORC?

Does anyone here actually understand how RESORC.SV works? Someone asked if there was a SerialDisk compatible version. That got me to look into it, but I find the source code confusing. (The v5 code is even worse, being spread across five MACREL files and apparently using overlays.) Vince
Back