• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Ruud

8087 Applications and Programming for the IBM PC and Other PCs

I found the PDF of this book on internet, very interesting. It does mentioned it is accompanied with a disk. I searched internet but nothing found. Does anybody have (the contents of) this disk and is willing to share it with us? Thank you very much!
  2. Ruud

Need some help from 6809 programmers at byte level

Already in 1985 I started writing my own 6502 assembler, written in Turbo Pascal. And I have been expanding it with other CPUs. I'm busy assembling this MicroKit09 and want to be able to write software for it using my own assembler. That will be an weird experience because the last time I wrote...
  3. Ruud

IBM PS/1 not starting up

I received a PS/1 that did not start up. "Did" because I did a hack. When powering the system, the LED on the monitor just lights up for a second. But it does that as well without the computer. So I thought the trouble could be the monitor part. I disassembled the computer and replaced the...
  4. Ruud

HCC Commodore User Group meeting in Maarssen (NL)

The meeting is saturday february 17th. The address: ’t Schuurtje, Zwanenkamp 1301, Maarssenbroek, The Netherlands. I hope to see some of you there!
  5. Ruud

Network using serial ports

A friend of mine was looking for a simple network to connect some older PCs using LPT or COM ports. In the past I found a program called ComRing but it was made to be used with only one COM port. I know there has been a network with its own cards using two DB9 outputs. Whether male-male or...
  6. Ruud

LPT to IDE interface

I just ran into this thread, mentioning a backpack hard drive. I know about external CD drives that can be connected to the LPT port but never heard of ones with HDDs. A quick search let me to a Moldavian site but I think they don't have it anymore: "Nu este in stock". I still emailed them, you...
  7. Ruud

Open source BIOS for 80286 (and higher)

In the past I created my own XT BIOS and we probably all know the Anonymous BIOS and Sergey's BIOS, used for his own and other projects. The latest thread about the original source of the Anonymous BIOS made me wonder if there was ever made a try to create an open source BIOS for the 80286, and...
  8. Ruud

S-100 slot connectors

I obtained some S-100 PCBs including a backplane. The backplane seems to be this one found on Retrobrew. My question: where can I obtain the slot connectors that fit in the backplane? I did quite some searching but I must be using the wrong parameters because so far I only found connectors with...
  9. Ruud

Floating Point to string/ASCII conversion

First some background: for years I'm busy developing my own OS, Pascal compiler and Basic interpreter. These are very slow projects. To handle numbers, I need to be able to handle Floating Point. Converting a string/ASCII to single or double precision is no problem. But the other way around...
  10. Ruud

IC tester, own design, could use some help

I own a LabProg+ and a TL866. Nice programmers but when it comes to testing ICs, I run into problems. So I thought of designing my own 40-pin tester. The core are five 8255s, each good for testing 8 pins. My personal idea is to place them on a ISA board so one of my older PCs can be used to test...
  11. Ruud

Looking for a basic BIOS source code for a 80188

In the old days you had the CP/M cartridges for the Commodore 64. Too make a long story short, this inspired to create a 80188 cartridge that you stick in the expansion port of the C64. And I need a BIOS for it. I'm very familiar with the 8088, including programming it, But I am completely...
  12. Ruud

Ericsson Portable PC type 8400-005

I now own such a PC and would like to obtain some technical information about it like the schematics and the pin-outs of its expansion connector. But nothing to be found, not even a user's manual :( So any link is welcome, TIA!
  13. Ruud

DELA 85533 RAM card

I found this DELA RAM card. But this site doesn't mention anything about the DIP switches. Can any body provide this info, please? The site say you need a monitor program to write to the RAM. Or does it also support "write through the ROM" like what is possible with the C64' own RAM? I hope...
  14. Ruud

Aster CT-80

In 1980 a Dutch firm created a clone of the TRS80, model 1: the Aster CT80. After more than 40 years there is not much technical documentation left and so I'm trying to create it myself. A lot is understandable except the refresh of the DRAMs. I know how CAS, RAS and MUX are generated but I miss...
  15. Ruud

Unknown RTC card

I have this card already since the '90s and only rediscovered it yesterday: Does anyone recognize it and, more important, knows what software it needs to be able to use it? Thank you very much in advance!
  16. Ruud

Configuration of jumpers of Xebec SCSI card, FAB 104277

I have two of these cards and I simply cannot find the configuration of the jumpers of this card. Worse, I cannot find this card on Internet with one exception. A picture of the card will help to know of which card I am talking: This picture I copied from that site that mentioned it. Thank...
  17. Ruud

How and when is a change of disk detected?

I ran into this site that enables one to connect a PC drive to a Commodore 64. The original design uses the 44-pin version of the GM82C765B but I happen to have the 40-pin one. Creating a new schematic for the 40-pin version I found out that this IC lacks the pins DCHG and DCHGE. These are...
  18. Ruud

NEC V20: BRKEM, CALLN and RETEM

This is mainly meant for people who are familiar with the V20 8080 mode (or want to learn it). I hope they can correct my findings and/or add their own experiences. I am trying to find out how to go from 8088 mode to 8080 mode and back when using a NEC V20. And this is the result so far...
  19. Ruud

Model 30 8086

Some time ago I received a 30-8086 with 30 MB ESDI HDD and FDD. It recognized the FDD but wouldn't read or boot from it nor wouldn't it format a floppy. I then received another floppy, same problem. I bought another board, same problem. Together with the 30-286 I received another three 8530-021s...
  20. Ruud

Model 30 286

With a bit of luck I will receive a model 30 286 tomorrow. It does have an HDD but I don't know which one. According Wikipedia it can be as big as 40 MB and it will be an ESDI type. My question: is it possible to replace the original disk with or install a larger IDE HDD or CF card? Thank you...
Back