• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

‘Rare Vintage’ PDP8/i ;)

bobaboba

Experienced Member
I see someone called the vintagecomputermuseum is advertising a pidp8 on eBay as a vintage replica for $900 claiming it has some sort of vintage rarity pedigree. I guess I’m getting older quicker than I thought! Heh!!

I see someone called the vintagecomputermuseum is advertising a pidp8 on eBay as a vintage replica for $900 claiming it has some sort of vintage rarity pedigree. I guess I’m getting older quicker than I thought! Heh!!

Hmmm...at that rate, I have two examples of Robert Armstrong's PDP-8 6120 based PDP-8/e implementation besides the one I wire-wrapped. Those are about 15-20 years old. Are they vintage :)

Yes, VintageComputerMuseum is a regular name around here. At this point we all know his tactics of buying and flipping items through ebay with a massive markup, even when they are cheaper somewhere else.
His target demographic are those people who want x, have lots of money and his results are the first thing they see and who cares about cost, I saw it on TV/Youtube and I want it now.

I wonder what will happen when the buyer discovers that the PDP-8 emulator it's running actually emulates an 8e rather than an 8i. :3

Back