• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1/2 height 5.25" Tandon floppy jumpers?

DeltaDon

Veteran Member
I need a service manual for a 1/2 height 5.25" Tandon floppy drive or even just a photo for drive selection and other optional jumpers. Model number is not clearly labeled on it and so I'm not sure if 48/96 track etc. I think there's a missing drive select jumper and don't have experience with this model drive. There are two empty IC-type sockets near the main interface connector and I'm assuming one would be a terminator resistor pack and the other for setting up drive number etc. That's the one I need help with.

What are the identifiers of the sockets? If they are RP11 and U19, then U19 is the shunt and RP11 is the terminating resistor pack.
Picture1.jpg

What are the identifiers of the sockets? If they are RP11 and U19, then U19 is the shunt and RP11 is the terminating resistor pack.
View attachment 64596

Thanks, again this is what's there. RP11 and U19.

The "U" through me off a bit since that's more common for naming an IC and not a jumper. So I'm going to dig out a jumper header and solder a jumper for DS0 and see if the drive responds. I might need to add for more for other optional motor select jumpers.

I have some photo's and will post as soon as I upload to Flickr. I think they are too large to place directly into the post.

Back