• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1980's Vintage Laptops Wanted

jim w

:lol: I collect 1980's clamshell laptops and a few A4 Computers, would like to buy:
Dulmont Magnum:
MicroOffice Roadrunner
Teleram T-3000
Sord 1S11c or 1S11
Bull L'attache
Bondwell B2
Epson PX16
IBM PC radio
NEC 8500
Texas Instruments Pro Lite

Thanks Jim

I have a Zenith Data Systems 8086 with a 20mb JVC drive that still works!!

Aaron, I think I have most of the Zenith laptops from the 80's but what is the model # of it? What else may you have in laptops from the 1980's?? Regards, Jim

Dulmont Magnum, MicroOffice Roadrunner, Teleram T-3000, Sord 1S11c or 1S11

Hello JW ... hope you weren't too upset about my comments elsewhere on your book ... anyway if you find any of those four laptops ... I'll fight ya for 'em! :D

...I'm not familliar with the IBM PC radio, what is it?

I think they are like the units carried in police cars now. I've got two of them, which I need to get at least one working (remembering that one had a broken LCD screen I think). Pictures can be put up by me if needed.

I have a working Teleram T-3000 with a 300 Baud modem.

However I live in hawaii, I'm willing to sell tho!

Suggest you check the poster's profile. He/she hasn't been on since Sept 17.

MicroOffice RoadRunner?

MicroOffice RoadRunner?

anybody got one (working or not)?

mine appears to be gone :(

it was a prototype, as i was one of the software engineers :)

how long did _your_ RAM cartridges last? i had a couple still with good data at 10 years. unfortunately, the company i was at needed a 480x128 LCD display, and silly me let the hardware guys borrow the one out my RR. they fried it after a couple days, so that was the last time i could test the cartridges. still beeped when i opened it up as of a couple years ago, but no screen.

oh, by the way - the OS wasn't "custom," it was InfoSoft I/OS, which was also in the coleco ADAM. our development system was a brute S100 machine (Golden West) running MultI/OS, a multi-user (4 users, 256K bank switched RAM) version of the same OS our product ran. worked great, till someone fired up WordStar, which polled the BIOS for keystrokes rather than waiting for input.

Back