• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1989 IBM 4019 Laser Printer : Anybody need any parts from this?

Le_Bear

Experienced Member
Came from some old office equipment. I hooked it up to see if it still works, everything seems to (of sorts) but it stops at a Check #2 : Paper Jam. It doesn't show any other errors on start-up, andit only shows this after I send a print test page to it. It's too big to want to ship whole, but if you can use any parts from it please let me know in the next few days.

Wondering if I can fix this thing to work? I ran the same question by a site named copytechnet.com the same day I did here, and was going to ask that question there, but some reason I can't access their website. Was thinking I'd been blocked but really? and why? A whois of the site returned an arabian lingo on all the answers except the expiration date of june,17,2012? Anyway!.....
Today I was thinking of taking it apart, but the first thing came out was the toner cartridge, and it seems full. I'd like to get it working if I could, any suggestions? I read an extremely long thread today on another site which might suggest the fuser assembly, hoping it could be simpler than that, like some kind of magical "reset" switch ;) Another one said to let the page run halfway through it and raise the lid, so it stops, and if it's jammed(crumpled) at that point it's a.... dang, guess i'm too tired for this, hopefully will try again tomorrow :)

You've hit on a problem for me also.

I have a Panasonic KX-P4455 laser printer. It's a beast; built like the proverbial masonry latrine. It doesn't use cartriges--you dump toner into it. It works, but it's big and expensive to operate. I believe it uses a 68K CPU as the smarts. Postscript+PCL, Appletalk, serial, parallel interfaces--even has Epson MX-80 and Diablo 630 emulation.

I hate to get rid of it, but what do you do with 60lb. printer?

Thanks Chuck :)

Thanks Chuck :)

My best guess was to part it out, if anybody wanted any parts, and stated as much in several places where I thought it could be of interest. After trying to have it print, uneventfully, and possing this question, then waiting several days, and deciding to tear it down (which I really hate to scrap stuff, would rather find ways to keep even parts of it alive), and then realizing it had what seems to be a full cartridge (maybe I could print my 6000 page book? :), then thinking, maybe I could get it working? :D

Otherwise you just tear it down till the plastic goes one way, and the metal goes another, RIP :(

Hello I'm new to the forum!

Do you happen to still have that IBM 4019 printer all in one piece?

I am looking for the "IBM LaserPrinter User's guide. I have the "Technical Reference" and "Software Application Drive" books but, I can't seem to find the User's guide.

Back