• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1995 (div.) children

sterlla

His attention was elsewhere. He held two children in his lap— a plump-looking baby not more than a few months old and a two-year-old boy with a chubby face surrounded by cloud puffs of vanilla ringlets. No lounging duds for Dad—he wore a dark suit, white shirt, dark tie. The toupee was gone, and his new balance 576 bald head was exposed in full, iridescent glory. Older and smaller than in the official Duke shots—as captured ugg classic by the paper, The Man resembled nothing but a ugg boots model grandfather. "Paternal pride" read the caption. "Magazine mogul Marc Anthony Duke relaxes with daughter Anita and her half-sibs, tykes Baxter and Sage. Only the absence of son Ben prevented ugg classic boots the evening from being a complete family reunion." Son Ben. I hurried out of the microfilm room, raced to the reference stacks, found Who's Who, pulled out the most recent copy, and paged furiously to the D's. Duke, Marc Anthony (Dugger, Marvin George) b. Apr. 15,1929. par. George T. and Margaret L. (Baxter). m. Lenore Mancher, June 2, 1953 (dec. 1979) children: Benjamin J., Anita C. m. Sylvana Spring (Cheryl Soames) June 2, 1995 (div.) children: Baxter M., Sage A. ... The rest didn't concern me. Son Ben. Professor Monique Lindquist's laughter rang in my ears. The sex angle—if that's what you want from Ben Dugger . . new balance outlet . Dugger dressed and drove below his means, used his father's real surname, eschewed the camera. Casting off notoriety? Rejecting what his father stood for? Both? Now his research made sense. The mathematics of intimacy. Reducing sweat and libido to grids and statistics. The anti-Duke. Sins of ugg boots the fathers . . . bearing some kind of guilt—had his church visit been part of a chronic quest for absolution? An older man. Filling the Daddy void. When I'd learned about Gretchen's visit to his father's estate, I'd veered away from Dugger, but now I was right back where I'd started. Maybe it hadn't been Tony Gretchen had come to see. Shawna Yeager posing for Duke magazine. Lauren, reminding herself to call australia ugg boots "Dr. D." to talk about intimacy. Getting a job with Dugger, spending time with him in Newport Beach coffee shops—meals Dugger claimed were no more than vocational guidance. Dugger blushing and sweating as he insisted intimacy hadn't crept into his time with Lauren. But pseudointimacy was exactly what Lauren had sold, and a man could be forgiven for failing to see the truth. Self-delusion . . . Lauren, shot to death. Michelle, shot to death, maybe because Lauren had confided in her. Shawna, posing for someone who claimed to be working for Duke. There had to be a syllogism floating somewhere in that tangle. I had bad news for Milo.

Back