• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1TB of RAM

What real world use is there for that much RAM and more (ok maybe large database searches) today? Does NETFLIX keep every single movie in RAM on multiple servers waiting for somebody to stream it to?

What real world use is there for that much RAM and more (ok maybe large database searches) today? Does NETFLIX keep every single movie in RAM on multiple servers waiting for somebody to stream it to?
Somebody on another forum mentioned that in order to run his pro FPGA development, in addition to lots of CPU cores, his PC had 256GB RAM. I'm sure a TB could be useful. I for one want 256GB just so that I can run browsers, crashplan, and virtual machines without having to restart the browser every week, or having to stop crashplan temporarily (Java. Argh! Bloat++). A puny 16GB just doesn't cut it anymore.

Topic made me remember my good old AOL days and all the sound bites everyone was trading back then

Got one that went like this:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN,INVALID PARAMETERS???! 9 Thousand gig's of ram AND IT CAN'T ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION!!!!"

Back