• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

2 More 8 bit ISA cards I need help Identifying

Well let me know. It would be nice to kniw it goes to some use. I can all but gurantee storage in its forseeable future with me.

If anyone of you wonder why my spelling is so terrible. ITs because I end up replying to these on my phone and I dont use autocorrect..... Yep thats my excuse. I go back and read my replied on the computer screen and.... Yikes!

give me a mouse and proper keyboard any day. And call me crazy. My whole life we were working towards cheaper LARGER screens... Why would we suddenly go back to something the size of a 1984 Sony Watchman Tv?IMG_20220723_182336.jpg Also one of the many projects in my back burner log.

It might be fun to do, but I'm not certain that I'd ever get 'round to it. Heck, I've still got a 68020 ISA card that I haven't puzzled out--and it's been years.

Well Im lighting the match of enthusiasm! Im sure folks here would like to follow your progress on whatever you do with it.

Folks I need help with two cards. First one is SCSI ISA, it is missing Z80280 CPU, but otherwise seems fine. So far I have only seen/used FDC, HDD (MFM, XT-IDE) controller cards and or MFM or IDE HDD drives. Most probably the answer is obviuos, but still I woud like to ask, might this card be useful for me? Identical and complete card can be seen here on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/284575415336
IMG20220917194620.jpg
Other card is important to me. I want to use in Super Turbo XT III 10MHz clone build. It looks like FDC/2xSerial/Parallel and RTC card, but I can not decipher jumper block settings. Does anybody know where I could find manual for it?
IMG20220917194645.jpg

OK while testing out my new 5170 I came across another card in my pile that I need help with. Its a taiwanese card labeled "7 pak" so a play on "6 pack plus"? it has 3 socket swith no chips a 1488 1489 and an 8250IMG_20220922_130701.jpgIMG_20220922_130710.jpgIMG_20220922_130718.jpgIMG_20220922_130724.jpgI cut off the barrel battery off a while back. What is the 40 pin connector header for? Anyone have a manual or jumper settings? Is that card edge a floppy controller the backside of this cardedge is one large groundplane.

Last edited:
Looks like RLL or MFM, 26 pins though? The dual port definitely scream RLL/MFM. Dont see an MFM controller. Maybe 8 bit IDE? But what would be 26 pins? Maybe serial? Does have a serial UART...

Last edited:
Check Pin 2 and see if its a ground... If so then check 22, 24 and 26 and see if they are ground also.

Those are probably parallel port headers.
I am thinking 25 pin serial. Looks like a parallel and gameport on back. The 2nd 8250 dip socket gives it away.

Check the 40 pin connector at those pins for grounds I listed above.

7 pak - 2 serial, para , gamport, clock, floppy and ide (which ver of ide though)

I see 2 serial, floppy, parallel, game and clock. The 40 pin header is a mystery since we don't see any of the traces connecting it. Got a photo of the solder side?

Back