• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

2 More DEC PCB's I got over the years of my Collecting..

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Again do I keep or part with them to some with a machine that uses them

5o1gjJN.jpg

6TrtCa7.jpg

067dJTC.jpg

wRL1xp0.jpg

4jvgkU2.jpg

FYPZdyi.jpg

UOrTbDb.jpg

5rPorRF.jpg

They are beautiful boards. Do you have (or plan to have) any equipment that can make use of it? If so, keep it. If not, sell it to someone who really wants it and use the funds to acquire something you need/want.

They are beautiful boards. Do you have (or plan to have) any equipment that can make use of it? If so, keep it. If not, sell it to someone who really wants it and use the funds to acquire something you need/want.

Well I actually am not sure what DEC product they are from. I don't feel they suit any item I have so as you say better to someone whom knows what they are and has a need for them.

A bit of googling and ... 50-17457-01 is the PCB fab of assembly 54-17458-01 which is T2015 CPU Module AKA Dec VAX 6410 CPU module.
Seems reasonable given the form factor and the six large chips with heatsinks.

A bit of googling and ... 50-17457-01 is the PCB fab of assembly 54-17458-01 which is T2015 CPU Module AKA Dec VAX 6410 CPU module.
Seems reasonable given the form factor and the six large chips with heatsinks.

Thank you for that assistance. I had totally forgotten to use GG ("Goddess Google") to research them..or maybe I was just being slack and hoping some DECaholic would go that a .................... ! LOL

So now come the $64 question.. is it likely any DEC enthusiast would have a working machine and need a spare?

Do I also assume correctly that they maybe be NOS considering there appears No connector soldered in on that edge with what appears to be 2 rows of 2 through gold plated holes but with 2 rows of square gold plated pads as well between them?

Last edited:
Do I also assume correctly that they maybe be NOS considering there appears No connector soldered in on that edge with what appears to be 2 rows of 2 through gold plated holes but with 2 rows of square gold plated pads as well between them?

That is the XMI bus connection in these machines. No soldering required. Example backplane picture:
DSCN0002.jpg

That is the XMI bus connection in these machines. No soldering required. Example backplane picture:

That's the backside, yes. You can't really see what the slots look like, where the cards are inserted, from that picture. However, all kind of cables and connectors a card might use were connected on that backside.

XMI is one of those zero insert force kind of things. So those pads are all there is.

Back