• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

2015 Vintage computer new year resolutions?

barythrin

Veteran Member
Seems cliche but your free and open opportunity to give yourself and others a pat on the back.

Did you have a 2014 new year resolution relating to vintage computers that you completed/accomplished?

How about 2015? I'll stand by and root you on! I'm going to say if I did have one for 2014 I probably failed.

Hi,

Last year was mainly one of discovery, as I checked out quite a few of my old systems to see what, if anything, needs to be done to them.

So, I now got me a list of things for 2015....
- Complete EPROM burner for AIM-65
- Build/test replacement LED display for AIM-65
- Repair and test TMS 990/U89 University Board
- Convert my 8085 debug/monitor to 6502 and build a 6502 system to use it
- Repair and test National Semiconductor SC/MP LCDS
- Repair CRT flyback transformer and test on an Intel MDS220
- Build Intel 8755 EPROM burner
- Provide parallel ASCII keyboard, enclosure and power supply for a Central Data 2650 system
- Test small 4-board STD bus system, based on ProLog Z80

And though not computer related......
- Re-cap, adjust and test Sansui 220 Valve Receiver
- Repair and restore an Eddystone 670 Marine Receiver
- Repair a couple of other old amps, receivers and tape decks

river

Yip quite a modest goal really, got my Zenith 286LP Plus sorted, networked and online. Learnt a bit in the process. Besides learning more about Dos networking I learnt about using winpkt and setting up Trumpet Winsock on plain Windows 3.1 in Standard Mode.

This year I'll try to expand on that by seeing if things like a win3.x irc client will run on it windowed in standard mode.

Also want to spend more time trying to get two of my Acorns sorted out, an A3000 and 410/1

I'd really like to troubleshoot and repair a stack of C64s that I've had for quite a while. I'm sure most of them can be brought back. :)

Heather

To only have one vintage system, to get all the options for it, and make sure it works. That system would be my 5150 and 5161 with dual hard disk drives. We'll see.

Thanks,
Daniel

As for 2014, I reached my goal of getting an original series IBM PC, been looking for one since about 2004/05 :D

For 2015 I have resolved to build a simple vintage computer (Probably something from Grant Searle's excellent webpage) and get better at my programming, can just about handle C++ and 68k assembler at the minute.

Back