• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

32MB Ram 177123-001 Compaq/HP

I don't think there's anything special about the ram in these. Any suitable double sided fp stick should work. What does the zip file contain? HP should have the config. file on available on it's web site if they still have lagacy stuff available.

These are nice all in one systems. Have one myself. If you look up Compaq Presario all in ones you should find a thread about it.

Last edited:
These are 32 mb sticks 70ns, I can't find them anywhere. They are 25 years old The zip file contains all the drivers
and a manual. This is no longer available at HP, when I looked. It is available on some drivers site, but they are not
to be trusted. The ram is not double sided, at least the 8MB stick I have is not

I've had mine for over 15 years. There are two 32meg sticks in my CDS 524 and it certainly is double sided. 60ns should be fine as well. Also these came out around 1994-95 so not quite 25 yet. I'll have dig around my archives. Drivers are pretty easy to get as it's fairly standard hardware for the period even though it's integrated on the mobo. I ran Mandrake Linux 6.x on mine before the hdd went tits up and it picked up every bit of hardware.

If you're worried about driver sites use a non windows box to get the file.

Welcome to vcf btw.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, I think I found some on the bay. I still would like the drivers and a 5.25 floppy drive

Put in your location. There may well be a vcf member who is close to you who could help out with a 5.25" drive. You'll need to remove the cdrom to fit it though unless you use a parallel port back pack drive. Having it networked is a good idea too. ISA nics are readily available.

What OS do you intend to run on it?

Keep us posted on your progress. It's always nice to see what members have done with their
kit.

Last edited:
I got this for using a Needhams PB10 prom burner. Only for 2716/2732 old transit bus signs. I have a dedicated AIM 65
but every time I use it, I have to work on it for a few days to make it work correctly. I found 2 Tandon Corp TM100-2A
in my stash of old stuff, they look brand new. Anybody have a ready made interface? I will be using Windows 3.1

If you start a separate thread on the topics there's bound to be someone who can help out.
64 megs of ram is a bit of an overkill for dos/win 3.1 but I guess you could have a ram drive and use it as for a swap file or hold data you don't mind losing on shutdown. Mind you ram is a damn sight cheaper than it was when these were built.

Back