• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

3C503 on IBM PC AT: The LSL is not loaded

haxername

Hey!

So my 5170 is running PC DOS 3.3, I have been trying to get it to work with MTCP, but it first wanted drivers so I tried to get those. But whenever I try to configure the driver, it just gives me the error "The LSL is not loaded".

I did research and so I know that LSL.com is a file that is necessary and establishes communication between the ODI Driver and protocol drivers.

However for the life of me I cannot find it.

Any suggestions?

I was able to find the lsl.com finally after finding the "right" driver installer, and even though it didn't seem to work. It added an lsl.com to C:\NET.

But now after running 3c503.com successfully, I still get a "could not setup packet driver"

Trying to fix that now

You need a TCP/IP packet driver Seems you are using an ODI driver intended for IPX/SPX (Novell Netware) instead That won't work

You need a TCP/IP packet driver Seems you are using an ODI driver intended for IPX/SPX (Novell Netware) instead That won't work
Ok thank you that makes a lot of sense. I knew there was something I was misunderstanding.

So I think I found the TCP/IP Packet driver on Crynwr.

When I try to run it with the recommended parameters it doesn't work. But I just ran it only specifying the interrupt and it worked!

Thank you :)

Back