• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

64 64s for restoration in 23

What's up with the breadbin that appears to have a big metal thing over the keyboard?

Also the 64Cs in the bottom left and bottom right look strange, am I out of the loop or do they have the wrong pattern?

What's up with the breadbin that appears to have a big metal thing over the keyboard?

Also the 64Cs in the bottom left and bottom right look strange, am I out of the loop or do they have the wrong pattern?
The breadbins in front on the left and right sides both have glue on hard covers. They are plastic and one is clear while the other is smoked.
The 2 of looking ones are in aftermarket cases made in South Australia as Timo said

These are aftermarket cases made by an Australian company (Micro Accessories) when the 64C came out. I have a few of them myself. I don't believe Commodore copied the design - I recall seeing an ad for these and it came out after 64C was out. The belief is Micro Accessories made these when the 64C came out so you could upgrade the older breadbin design to the new modern 64C design.

P.S. Mike... I have well over 150+ commodores myself - all restored - here I thought I was the only lunatic ;)

Attachments

• C64AustralianCaseAd.jpg
    C64AustralianCaseAd.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 5
The breadbins in front on the left and right sides both have glue on hard covers.
I didn't even see the other one. What's the purpose of such a thing on a C64? Seems pretty limiting, you'd have to be running all from cartridge and with a joystick. It basically becomes a game console with that, I would think.

I didn't even see the other one. What's the purpose of such a thing on a C64? Seems pretty limiting, you'd have to be running all from cartridge and with a joystick. It basically becomes a game console with that, I would think.
Think he meant the hard covers are glued on at the top (they came with double sided tape). They have a hinge to open up. They kept the keyboard less dusty. :)

Back