• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8-BIT Designs Commodore Business has new owner

mhunter

Hello All,

It is with great pleasure that I make this announcement. My business “8-BIT Designs” has a new owner. The business’s website is at: http://www.8bitdesigns.com

Many of you will remember that I closed the business when my daughter was born. It quickly became obvious that I would never be able to keep up with the demands of the business and take care of my daughter full-time.

Since my closing, I have been constantly replying to requests from Commodore users who want to purchase my products. Since my daughters demands on my time have only increased, I could not actually accept any of those orders.

But, several of my unique products are not available anywhere else. So, many of you have been patiently waiting for the business to find a new home.

As of Thursday, May 5, 2005, the business officially has a new home. For the last couple of months, I have been corresponding with a fine man who has great plans for Commodore community and my product designs.

So, very shortly, you should once again be able to place an order for the many great products I offered at 8-BIT Designs.

In addition to the many great Commodore accessories that are already listed on the 8-BIT Designs website, there are also a few secret prototype designs for products that I had not yet released. These designs have been transferred to the new owner as well. So, look forward to some great new additions to my existing designs.

Likewise, the new owner has some great projects in the works. In our discussions, he has been kind enough to share some of his ideas with me. I can’t tell you what they are yet, but I will tell you that you will want them.

Be sure to keep an eye on the new owner. There are many great developments and new products that you will definitely want to have for yourself.

With that said, I am formally announcing that I have legally transferred all of the assets relating to 8-BIT Designs to Denard Springle IV of c64DieHards ( http://www.c64diehards.com ).

These assets include all intellectual property, designs, logos, graphics / images, copyrights, trademarks, domain name, website, 100% of my Commodore related inventory, how-to articles (featured on the website), and anything else relating to the 8-BIT Designs business.

Denard’s contact information is:

Denard Springle IV
c64 DieHards
153 Kent Drive
Manassas Park, VA 20111
United States

http://www.c64diehards.com

You can find his full information and e-mail address on the 8-BIT Designs website at:
http://www.8bitdesigns.com/contact.html

Be sure to check the 8-BIT Designs website frequently for updates and new information.

The main website’s URL is: http://www.8bitdesigns.com

Since this will be my last message to the community as the owner of 8-BIT Designs, let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support.

I enjoyed working with all of you. One of the great things about serving a community like this one, is that you get to know your customers very well. It was a great pleasure to meet all of you, and I enjoyed our many great conversations.

I would especially like to thank Rod and Gaelyne Gasson of VideoCam Services for all their support. They provided me with wonderful service, and even an emergency domain transfer (to their server) when my local ISP was costing me a fortune in downtime. Without Rod and Gaelyne, I would have lost a lot of business.

I would also like to thank Maurice Randall for putting me in communication with the individual who purchased my business.

Any omitted names are not any less important. Everyone in the Commodore community is responsible for the success of the business in one fashion or another.

I hope that you will all continue to support the 8-BIT Designs business and product line at it’s new home. I am very confident that the new owner will be a good “fit” for the Commodore community. And, I wish him the best.

So, with all that said, please be sure to contact Denard and his team at c64DieHards and get to know them.

I am sure that Denard will be making his introductions to the Commodore community in the near future. In the mean time, watch the 8-BIT Designs website ( http://www.8bitdesigns.com ) and the c64DieHards website at: http://www.c64diehards.com for the latest information.

Please feel free to re-post this message in any appropriate Commodore forum or discussion group.

Thank you all.

Michael Hunter
mhunter@videocam.net.au

Hello All,

First, I would like to thank Michael Hunter for working closely with me to purchase the assets and intellectual property of 8-Bit Designs and providing me with an opportunity to provide the Commodore community with some fantastic products.

Secondly, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself and my organization to the Commodore community. My name is Denard Springle, though you can call me Denny. I currently own and operate three successful technology companies in the areas of hardware, software and services not including my latest venture, c64diehards. I have been an avid user and loyal fan of the Commodore line of computers since I got my first Vic-20 when I was only 7 years old. Since then I have owned and used everything from the PET to the last Amiga's to ship from Commodore, with the Commodore 64 being my favorite (with the 128 running a close second!). I was very active in the Commodore community back in the hey day of QLink and BBS's, and for a time wrote and distributed some software for the Commodore 64/128 in the early 90's. My organization, c64diehards, will continue the success of Michael's 8-Bit Designs hardware by manufacuring many of the most popular items he produced. In addition to production of these items, many of the designs will be released under GPL and posted on our website for all to enjoy and benefit from. We are also working hard to produce new products for the Commodore as well as offering a full sales and service venue for the Commodore 64, 128, +4 and C16 line of computers. We are working closely with many of the existing leaders in the Commodore community on special projects that will benefit everyone, though I am not at liberty at this time to disclose who and what we're working on.

Our website is in final release stages and should be up and running within the next month. During this same period we will be manufacturing many of the 8-Bit Designs products to ready them for sale when our website is open and ready to go. In the meantime, please feel free to email us at sales@c64diehards.com with any questions or requests and we will work closely with you to provide you with what you need. We currently have multiple refurbished and upgraded Commodore 64 and 128 computers as well as 1541, 1541-II, 1571 and 1581 disk drives, all with 60 day repair or replace and 30 day money back guarantees, so shoot us an email if you are interested in finding out more about what we have to offer until the website is ready.

We will make another announcement when the website is up and ready to begin taking orders online, and we will also be announcing our telnet enabled BBS as soon as it is ready to go as well.

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone who has helped c64diehards grow from a simple idea to a full service organization, including Maurice Randall, Jens Schoenfeld, and, of course, Michael Hunter for their encouragement and support. I look forward to working with the Commodore community again - I've been away far too long! Again, email us at sales@c64diehards.com if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Denard Springle
President, c64diehards

Back