• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

a brilliant art project

That was quite neat. Would love to do something like that with a C64 with some disk drives attached and seeking in time with the music. Pity I don't have the equipment or coding talent to do it. :(

Ok, took me a few to get past the first loading part but once the actual music started, yeah that was pretty impressive and I have it going through my head still. I can safely say that's going to be posted on a few myspace accounts later tonight ;o)

Well not to be too negative, but it might be good if some of these would-be young artists also took into account the equipment the recipients would receive these plums on. Perhaps minimum system requrements could be addressed for the audience.

Other than the blank, dark screen on the first, the stuttering sound and amateurish video-art on the second, and the same stuttering sound and shiftng shapes and colors, with some young girl emitting vapid lyrics on the 3rd, it was godawful. Didn't even approach things done on the ST, Amiga, or Mac 15 years ago. Even some of the demos done on Atari 8-bits were much better. Granted most of those were programs, but I have hi-speed DSL which was delivering this, so it wasn't a problem of transmission, but of depending on the speed and memory of the receiving computer, and usng the processing power of modern processors to circumvent miniscule talents.

Lame, Lame, Lame. Medocrity shouldn't be rewarded with acclaim. Look and listen to the brilliance of some of the old demos.

Lawrence

Last edited:
This is not a demo, as in using the computers hardware the way its meant to be, as you should have noticed.

Anyway, it looking mediocre was his goal too..

Yup, he says it doesn't sound good himself and isn't rewarding himself, we're rewarding him because we like it. I know scene demos and yeah some are good, some suck too but I enjoyed the song once it was playing and like seeing the printer and scanner being used for sound. The hard drive speaker is sorta useless since that just uses the magnetic coil to sound like a very muted speaker, the drive head moving is because of the voltage from the sound not because it's making a noise using the drive head.. but still.. regardless of talent and sound I had it going through my head after listening to it and enjoy it.

Back