• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A complete PCjr for $87 on e*ay

Check it out here

Seems like a good deal, no ? 23 hours left..

Not sure how others shop on Ebay, but for me shipping is cut throat brutal.

So I tend to hold off on buying anything like that computer unless its in excellent condtion.

Good or bad, the shipping is still the same, so might as well spend more to get a better piece of hardware.

IR bulbs don't last very long if they're constantly on (ie sitting on a remote will burn out the bulb from the heat). Replace the bulb and it'll probably work, though you could test it with any digital camera and place the IR towards your camera/LCD screen, press a key on the keyboard and you'll see the white light on your camera's lcd display.

For me that was the coolest thing I saw (besides how freaking clean the inside of the very tightly packed computer was) when I got my jr years ago from a store (gave it to me out of their basement). All the way across the room I could type via IR which would have been insane for the year it was released. Then of course I realized I couldn't read basic from 12 feet away and the coolness factor wore off but it was still neat :-D

Looks like a nice complete system, bit pricey to ship. The monitor is composite and not CGA, is that normal for a PC Jr?

Well, the good news is he is in Phoenix AZ and I am close to Vegas NV. It still ended up in the "pricey" range because I wanted it packed in 3 separate boxes in the hope that everything would arrive in one piece.

No, normally there is a CGA PC Jr monitor that goes with the Jr. It has a special weird cable that only the Jr used. Other than the weird cable, it was a standard IBM CGA monitor. They even sell cable conversions so you can use the monitor on any system you want.

Back