• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A flake to avoid on ebay

Did you pay for the item by credit card by any chance?

If so, I would be on to the credit card company.

I wouldn't let it lie there out of principle...

If you have evidence that it was returned to the purchaser, there must be some avenue you can take. Don't forget, that eBay are just there to 'fob you off' to start with...

Dave

Exactly! Letting your money get stolen is something a child would do. How have you not been on the phone trying to get your money back? That idea is absurd to me. Its your money and your just giving it away with no product?! Thats just stupid to me.

Right now im on the phone with my bank to dispute an $8.85 charge for something that I ordered 2 months ago and wasnt delivered. Why? ITS MY F$%KING MONEY!

I tell my wife companies expect people not to bother, meanwhile the average consumer is hemoraghing money. Its your money its ridiculous to not expend some effort and get it back.

edit: By the way my bank issued me my money back no problem. Because that is thier job. Easy. These things happen and happen regularly.. I dont give my money away to fraudulent people.

Last edited:
So why were you not on the phone with paypal or your bank? How can you just let that slide? Its your money? Thats ridiculous. I would have my money back.. It would be really stupid of you to be to lazy to get YOUR OWN money back. Ive run into this before where people are too timid to demand thier money back. I dont get it!
I had a seller back in the 2010-ish time period actually ship by USPS then it showed in tracking that it went to the sort facility nearest him/her and then showed at the post office of the seller and delivered - to the seller. Nothing about undeliverable or that it even got out of the seller's state (NV IIRC) so my guess it that seller scammed both ebay and buyers by showing it shipped but actually shipped it to himself/herself. The seller didn't bank on me knowing my postmaster at the local post office and he could do an inquiry in their system as to where it was addressed and he printed it out. I scanned that and sent it up to both eBay and Paypal as part of filing an Item Not Received claim and they of course gave the seller a day or two to respond. The seller didn't respond and Paypal pulled the funds from the seller's bank and refunded me. I assume eBay kicked the seller as I looked at the item listing in my bought page and it said something about the seller being no long registered or something to that effect. Only $30 but at that time that was almost 2 hours wages for me.

I had a seller back in the 2010-ish time period actually ship by USPS then it showed in tracking that it went to the sort facility nearest him/her and then showed at the post office of the seller and delivered - to the seller. Nothing about undeliverable or that it even got out of the seller's state (NV IIRC) so my guess it that seller scammed both ebay and buyers by showing it shipped but actually shipped it to himself/herself. The seller didn't bank on me knowing my postmaster at the local post office and he could do an inquiry in their system as to where it was addressed and he printed it out. I scanned that and sent it up to both eBay and Paypal as part of filing an Item Not Received claim and they of course gave the seller a day or two to respond. The seller didn't respond and Paypal pulled the funds from the seller's bank and refunded me. I assume eBay kicked the seller as I looked at the item listing in my bought page and it said something about the seller being no long registered or something to that effect. Only $30 but at that time that was almost 2 hours wages for me.
Its a matter of principal. You did the right thing.. And better yet you probably saved a few people from his scams.. for a while anyway.

Back