• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A norwegian podcast about retro games, hardware and technology

Overmann

Experienced Member
Do you have a shorter link for the podcast? The default shortening of links isn't expanding correctly and I can't hit a search term that lets me find it.

Just a comment, the audience for a podcast like this is world-wide; you would gain a lot more listeners if you could do it in English.

Yeah, but there are so many podcasts out there covering this stuff in English, and when in Norwegian we won't have to suffer the embarasment of speaking out second language to each other in an empty room in Oslo. :p

Most non-native English speakers think their English is terrible. :) I'm sure your English is fine.

There aren't "so many podcasts out there covering this stuff" in English, unless you're specifically talking about retro console games. For console games, I would agree.
But Retro COMPUTER gaming is extremely under-represented. Heck, there are roughly 10 vintage computing/gaming podcasts that are still active today that I can even think of. I don't consider that a saturated market.

I just wanted to comment on this as a Welsh speaker because although it's nice to have a bigger
audience through the medium of English, it's fantastic for speakers of other languages to hear
people talking freely in their own language, particularly if it's a less spoken language as there are
often less resources available in it for certain topics.

Keep up the good work, I hope you're audience really enjoy it.

Hopefully, you will be willing to partner with an English speaking podcast on subjects of common interest. I have seen a number of obscure British designed computers where the only existing manuals have covers indicating that they were sold by a Norwegian company. Most of the discussion of actual use would require a Norwegian perspective.

Back