• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

a z8 4k rom single board Computer Circa 1985

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Chips show dates around mid late 1985. Interesting the black squares have a Maximum Altitude that they can work at.

I have my idea what it is from but not totally sure. Picked it up with a lot of other PCB many years back.

Definitely some form of Data acquisition/Control pcb

Interesting the distinctive split half way along the PCB between the Digital section and the Analog Section

I have not got around to trying to power it up.

I have a z8 sbc, but it's a MicroMint kitboard from the early 80s. z8 microcontroller has a built-in BASIC interpreter, and a serial port for a terminal. Yours looks a lot more complicated than mine. :p

The CAGE Code ( 28528 ), IDs the manufacturer as ITT Industries. The part # (1135509G2) matches with the general format of their part #s. I'd guess it's part of a piece of avionics equipment for the military. ... Of course I'm wrong. If you google 28528 assy 1330376G1 (along the side of the PCB next to the serial #), you'll find the PCB comes from the "AN/TTC-42 Automatic Telephone Central Office". In other words it comes from a military, tactical phone switch. Could possibly be used to recognize DTMF (Touch Tones) for dialing functions. There is a crystal in the "analog" section which may help with frequency recognition.

Tom

Last edited:
Back