• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A1200 + Indivision AGA Mk2 = No Power..?

Raven

Veteran Member
I got an Indivision AGA Mk2. I recently got an Amiga 1200 (UK) that I have tested and know it works. I installed the Indivision smoothly, following instructions/etc.. I reassemble the A1200 and upon turning the PSU on nothing happens - no LED, etc..

I sent a message through Individual Computers's support form, but I figured it would probably be faster to get a response here if anyone knows.. I haven't even gotten to use my A1200 because all I could get was a shitty black-and-white picture on my Commodore 1701 via composite (unusable because the picture was cut off and only worked in workbench), so this is extremely saddening.. I hope that buying an expensive upgrade for it hasn't killed it... -_-

Last edited:
Sorry you haven't had a reply. I saw your post days ago, but I said "Uh......" I've never seen one of these, but it sounds like something is shorting out the PS. If you take the card back out, does the A1200 start up normally?

Also, I don't have time to check right now, but wasn't the 1200 Power Supply quite a bit weaker than the A500 one? Maybe you're overloading the PS. Seems like I remember reading that people were using A500 supplies when they added a bunch of peripherals.

Also, I don't have time to check right now, but wasn't the 1200 Power Supply quite a bit weaker than the A500 one? Maybe you're overloading the PS. Seems like I remember reading that people were using A500 supplies when they added a bunch of peripherals.

Yep that's right. I'm using a modded ATX PSU for my A1200 so that it has enough juice for HDD and overclocked 68060, but I used to go A500 PSU prior to that.

But I doubt the Indivision would steal that much power off the PSU that it wouldn't give off any life signs at all. Usually what happens is you get a flakey Amiga.

Figured I'd post back for posterity's sake - the answer turns out to be "the floppy drive power connector is a piece of crap". If I so much as touched it it would make the difference between powering on or nothing. After purchasing a little circuit board to let me use a PC drive (modern 1.44MB HD drive, but as 880K Amiga), it suddenly started working fine. I suppose I scared it - rofl. Anyway it's fine now and I'll have a great backup for the inevitable day when the FDD is kaput, since 1.44MB HD floppies from various PCs will be around for ages to come still (I have boxes of them, even)..

Back