• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

accepting pre-orders for S-100 bus extenders. These are the nice ones!

NobodyIsHere

Veteran Member
Hi! There have been numerous requests for another round of the S-100 Bus Extender PCBs. Since these are essential tools for any S-100 builder I think we should get some more. We need 20 PCB pre-orders so I can make a manufacturing order. So far there are about 11 pre-orders. These are the nice boards with logic probe, fuses, LEDs, speakers, etc.

The S-100 Bus Extender board is ready for “production”. If you would like to get one or more of these very useful boards please do the new usual pre-order. I will set aside your board so you get them as soon as they arrive.

Here is a link to S100computers.com website with information on the updated S-100 Bus Extender board:

http://www.s100computers.com/My System Pages/Extender Board/Extender Board.htm

The PCBs will be $20 each as per the usual arrangement. Shipping in the US is $3 for a single PCB and $2 for each additional PCB. Shipping internationally is $10 for a single PCB and $3 for each additional PCB. This is for the bare basics USPS first class postage with no tracking or insurance. The builder assumes all risk of delivery as per usual arrangement.

Please send a PayPal to LYNCHAJ at YAHOO.COM with the subject “S-100 Bus Extender” and I will reserve your board(s).

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

PS, We are still doing another order for S-100 Buffered Prototyping board bus and have 6 boards in the queue. If you would like one or more S-100 Buffered Prototyping boards please let me know. The pre-order arrangements are identical to the others but please send them in a separate email so I can keep things straight on my end.

Hi

Thanks everybody! There are now enough pre-ordered S-100 bus extender PCBs so I ordered a batch. They should be here in early December 2013. There should be plenty of boards available so if you want to pre-order yours feel free. These are the nice S-100 bus extenders with logic probe, signal ports, grounds, indicator LEDs, fuses, etc. They are very handy for system debugging and are improved over the last version.

Andrew Lynch

A nice addition to these bus extenders would be header pins. I'd like to use a logic analyzer and hooking up all those little clips is a pain. I'd like to plug directly onto header pins that were arranged like this: Control signals, D0-D16, A0-A16
Maybe in future??

Kipp

A nice addition to these bus extenders would be header pins. I'd like to use a logic analyzer and hooking up all those little clips is a pain. I'd like to plug directly onto header pins that were arranged like this: Control signals, D0-D16, A0-A16
Maybe in future??

Kipp
This is an very good idea. :thumbsup:
And signal names and pin numbers on the silk screen.
Frank

Hi
I tried to order the s100 connector for the card extender from Mouser and there
is a minimum order of 25. thats $381. Anyone interested in a bulk buy for the group ?

Thanks

Woody1000
Doug Wood

Hi
The stack of S-100 bus extender PCBs is dwindling fast so if you want one please contact me soonest.

This weekend I ordered another batch of the S-100 buffered prototyping board PCBs. I made a few updates and corrections so they've been bumped up to V3. Should be pretty nice units for your S-100/IEEE-696 development projects.

Andrew Lynch

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the Tip.
I never thought of looking on EBAY for these.
Do you know if this connector is the same one
that is installed on the S-100 Motherboard ?

Thanks

Woody1000
Doug Wood

Do you know if this connector is the same one
that is installed on the S-100 Motherboard ?
Hello Doug,
attached is a picture of the extender version of the connector that i linked above from Digikey.
They you can't use on backplanes, they was made for gripping the PCB from both sides for having the needed mechanical strength.
Frank
DSC_0177.jpg

Yes, that's the right idea. It is the other way around though. Connect the 100 pin card edge connector to the tinned pads on the top of the board not the gold finger card edge connector on the bottom. Personally I prefer to use the wire wrap card edge connector from ebay (Bulgarian) since those pins are really rigid and tough. Bending all those at once is really tough but once they are soldered to the board they are almost indestructible.

Andrew Lynch

Connect the 100 pin card edge connector to the tinned pads on the top of the board not the gold finger card edge connector on the bottom.
I show it only for demonstrating purposes on the finger side, because my extender boards you send me, is not here until now.
Frank

Yesterday my PCBs had arrived.
After making the slots for the PCB on the sides of the connector, i solder all contacts.
The connector fits very well.
Andrew, thanks again for your first class work on these S-100 PCBs.

Frank
DSC_0185.jpg DSC_0184.jpg DSC_0183.jpg

Hi
There are still five S-100 bus extender PCBs left in case anyone is looking. One is already claimed and there have been nibbles on a couple more. Please contact me if interested. They are also on eBay. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back