• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Adaptec UltraWide Differential SCSI PCI

Elektrik

Adaptec AHA-2944UW Kit. Consists of PCI-to-UltraWide, Differential SCSI controller card, SCSIselect application and drivers, installation manual in original box. $30.
SCSI 6.jpgSCSI 1.jpgSCSI 2.jpgSCSI 3.jpgSCSI 4.jpg

This is the problem we opened up when we started to allow talk of early Pentiums. They take PCI cards ...

We have a similar problem with IDE drives - the XT-IDE can use 20 to 250GB drives, which clearly are not on topic by themselves but they have uses on older machines.

I'd really like to discourage people from commenting on what is vintage or not, specially if it is just a single card like this. It's not worth worrying about. If somebody is posting about items where the majority are clearly later model cards or parts, then we have a problem. (AGP and USB are probably too new ...)

Doesn't High-Voltage Differential (HVD) SCSI make it at least somewhat vintage compared to current LVD SCSI, or at least somewhat unusual compared to the now typical LVD SCSI?

I think the only system I have with an HVD SCSI controller and hard drives is an HP Visualize B160L 160MHz PA-7300LC workstation from the 1997 timeframe.

Back