• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

adding video output to gridcase 3 (1104x)

pixelforest

I've recently acquired an 1104x and the tribal knowledge on this exact model seems to be limited. It is lacking a video output despite having a blocked off spot for the connector -- but I went ahead and did a full teardown and it seems like the empty ribbon connector on the gpu might be where a video output would normally exist. Is my guess correct? If yes, does anyone already know the pinout of that connector or should i start rigging up probes to figure it out? I figure it's unlikely I'll be able to find an oem part for the ribbon and port but maybe it isn't too hard to cobble something together.

If I'm remembering correctly, if you're facing the back of the system, then is the port on the lower right? Should be #6, by the legend on the back. I can say that the port end of that connector is a bog standard female DB-9. It's typical CGA, if I'm not mistaken. I'm hoping the internal connector interface has 9 pins, that would make it easy.

Can you supply a pic?

If I'm remembering correctly, if you're facing the back of the system, then is the port on the lower right? Should be #6, by the legend on the back. I can say that the port end of that connector is a bog standard female DB-9. It's typical CGA, if I'm not mistaken. I'm hoping the internal connector interface has 9 pins, that would make it easy.

Can you supply a pic?

yes however there is a blockoff plate on my chassis where that DB9 would be.

the ribbon connector mentioned in my OP is seen here with the silkscreen label P2. It's a ribbon cable connector in the same fashion as others in the chassis (retaining bar that snaps up to accept cable and down to lock cable in place). It's the only unused connector of its type in the whole chassis so far as I saw, and is oriented facing the rear of the chassis when the gpu is in place.

TgA6Wbd.jpg

i cannot find an edit function but want to note that i made a mistake in the OP, my gridcase 3 is an 1184x not 1104x.

Was just working on my Gridcase 3 plus when I came across your post. I can confirm that that's the video connector, although my daughter board is slightly different. I can take some pictures later.

Back