• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ADTPro will not recognize disk images

Tupin

Experienced Member
I finally got an adapter that worked with ADTPro and it sends ProDOS and the Serial Client perfectly, but when I try to send a disk, it just says it's waiting for host reply.

On the PC side, when I try to change the working directory, nothing appears in it, and accessing it on the Apple side doesn't work either. Any ideas?

It sounds to me your serial cable is only working in one direction. If the Apple client sends commands to the host but gets nothing back, it could be because the PC doesn't hear them. I had a similar problem with the audio connection until I realized both ear and mic need to be plugged in. A serial cable has all the lines in one, but maybe it is incorrect or broken?

This is a brand new serial to USB cable and I'm using a Retrofloppy cable. Do I need to do something on the PC after it finishes sending the client?

This is a brand new serial to USB cable
Who makes the cable? Do you know the chipset - or the driver manufacturer?
I'm using a Retrofloppy cable.
Good, those get tested before they go out.
Do I need to do something on the PC after it finishes sending the client?
No, not really - but if you've changed any of the baud rates from the defaults, you should change them back. A mismatch of baud rates will cause the behavior you describe.

Back