• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AlphaMicro Systems AM1000, AM1200, & maybe AM100L drive replacement

I use procom which solves both .TDV and file transfer issues

What program/method do you use on the alpha micro side to transfer? That's the part i'm struggling with.

i just open a file in VUE and transfer text, I'm still working on getting kermit to work in Ubuntu for binary files.

OK, just did a big search and in one of the PPNs I found a copy of KERMIT.. I was able to transfer the TEST.INI to myself.

But, the TVI925 driver isn't matching... so more work to do!

Which is fine, I'm digging up a lot of memories of all the commands, etc.

Well, here's where I stand.
1. Kermit works great. I can transfer stuff up and down, no problems.
2. The system I have has almost no TDVs other than the AM terminals.
3. IF you have time at some point and have a copy of the .M68 for one of the wyse TDVs, perhaps you could shoot it to me. I thought all AMs came with Wyse TDVs, but not this one :)
4. I've verified that I can run the assembler.... This system has stuff spread out all over it - it's like each logical disk is sort of a copy and maybe has different versions of things... still sorting out what's here, but clearly there's a lot, and a lot of different versions.
5. I've been able to use MONTST to reboot with various INIs and I've been able to edit the INIs on my Mac, and send them back via kermit - all works great. Only thing missing is to find a compatible driver.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR ASSISTANCE CURBIE!!

Where are you located, if I may ask? I'm in the desert of Southern California... Retired here about 4 years ago from New York City area/but spent all but the last 3 years in the Twin cities.

Tom

I have a bunch of wyse .TDV .M68s , ones written by Alpha, me, bret halle, micheal lewis, but all for Amosl 1.? don't know how well or even if they would run on Amosl 2.3A? Don't know if the .TDV's terminal control block is the same between 1.? and 2.? I think the safest bet would be an wy50 written by Alpha. I'll try to PM it to you.

Yeah, turns out i live about an hour away from the seller (an e-waste recycling company). I offered to come pick it up so they didn't have to mess with shipping. They liked that!

Amazed that everything seems to work and it booted up without effort. I think the disk drive was replaced so that's quite a bit newer than the machine.

OK... I took the plunge and ordered a SCSI2SD card - the only one in stock was the 5.0 version... so I figured what the heck.

It arrived, and I was able to set everything up according to the initial messages in this thread.

I set it up as Device 1, and the AM1400 recognizes it as such:

1651500088098.png

I was able to use FMTSCZ on it, and the above is what it looks like....

Now... my question is... how to set up the INI so that it's recognized?

I think I figured it out... my biggest problem now is that the PDFs of all the lovely manuals I (thought) found on line seem to be missing lots of pages, so I have to guess...

Anyway, found FIXLOG, and created a subsystem driver for the SCSI2SD drive, and that seems to work.

Drive is setup as 512MB, with 16 logicals... and it appears to be responding and even has an account [1,2] setup on 0...

Copying DSK0: over to the SCSI2SD now...

Tom

Hoo boy... looking at the AMUS library...
I found one of my old gems...
1651528084663.png

That baby still compiles and runs!

Hope, one of you guys got that 1200 on flebay today, flebay screwed me, I bid higher than the "winning" bid.

I did not - I was bidding too, but half-heartedly as I just got a 1200 from the same seller a few weeks ago... that's what started my participation in this thread... it came with no disc drive. I see the guy tripled the shipping cost (must have done it wrong on my purchase!)

Somebody snapped up an AM-705 this morning - it was on my daily search, but was gone when I looked. Not even sure what it does...

Also, can confirm that SCSI2SD v5.0 board works fine. Following Curbie's setup instructions at the top of this thread, I copied over the entire Maxtor drive to it, re-assigned the SCSI2SD to drive 0, disconnected the Maxtor, connected the SCSI2SD and it booted right up!

NOW... I need to copy the boot proms so I can do the same over on the 1200.

Now I'd like to find a new front panel for the 1400 as this one is pretty trashed... the power button is missing and the reset button is just a hole in the front...

But, dang, she works!

I'd also like to find a real AM1000 to complete my tri-fecta of 1000,1200, and 1400

I'd say my biggest need currently is AMOS 1.3 or 2.3 manuals. I found a source on line, but most of the larger manuals are missing 50% of the pages. Ugh.

I found all the old AM-100 stuff, no problem, but the newer manuals all seem to be "broken".

I started updating old rev0 manuals for myself but have some rev0 (basically 100/100T) stuff, and rev2 stuff (basically 2.X). off the top of my head, command reference, VUE, FIX, ???.

I'd like manuals too especially rev1 (basically 1.x) stuff.

curbie

Back