• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Altair 8800 clone price

I was going to say "but you have to put it together", but then I checked out the web page (https://altairclone.com/ordering.html) and $621 is the assembled price.

Indeed - I now have two of them - they are wonderful.
In my case both were purchased used units. The first also had a nice fast PC also built inside running Windows 10 from the previous (sadly no longer with us) owner. The second made up from parts from an owner on this site supplemented by parts I purchased from Mike who developed the clone. Neither cost more than the very reasonable new purchase price from Mike.

It's VintageComputerMuseum.
Keep in mind that his target market is people who can't google or are forced to buy-in because his selection is admittedly very good but that's mainly because he's a chronic mark-up reseller.

Arw the $621.00 remakea the ones that are just a pcb on the faceplate and dont have a real expandablw s100 bus?

Arw the $621.00 remakea the ones that are just a pcb on the faceplate and dont have a real expandablw s100 bus?

Yes, that's right, its a useful intro to the 8800 and the front PCB can be swapped out for the 8800c front panel mash up which can then interface with an S100 backplane deployed into the space at a later date.

Back