• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Altair 8800 rev 0 with ultra low serial number spot on ebay

There's also this listing for an "Altair Business System" consisting of an 8800, 8800b turnkey and an 8" floppy drive, all in a rackmount case. The hard drive is missing though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Altair...computer-Business-System-w-Disk-/151644312527

I've seen photos of MITS business systems before, but never in this type of rack. Could be aftermarket.

I'm the winner of this bid. The Altair Disk and dual board controller is invaluable for me, beside that it also bing me rev 0 front panel, an Altair 8800b turnkey computer.

I just hit wrong number with "USD 66000", my intend is to input $6600, that is terrible panic in final moment, but thanks God, the final price is stop at 6600.

I'm also win an teletype 33 ASR recent, I believe this is the end of my vintage computer collection journey. But I believe I will buy an apple 1 one day, when I get really wealthy, although I believe apple 1 is not important as Altair 8800 from my collection standpoint.

I will return one day.

Thank you all.
Leiy.

1.jpg

3.JPG

Last edited:
All the guts have been changed out... It's not using Rev0 motherboards or power supply. CPU board is also different.

It's certainly no museum piece, but what I'm curious about is the label. That's four Altairs now, with the A/K suffix cut off in the same fashion. I can't think of any reason an end user would do that, and it seems increasingly implausible with four now.

That makes me think it was done in the factory, but I don't have a good explanation. Maybe they were short one labels with one of the suffixes...?

Back