• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ALTAIR 8800B and 2 ALTAIR DISK DRIVES

Yep. The 3,000 is the actual current bid price, not just the list without disk drives. I started on here intending to sell it to an enthusiast so you never know. eBay is what it is, I suppose.

Enthusiast can't afford what collectors pay. Normally I wouldn't mention ebay but, it is your inheritance and you should get the most you can for it. Unless of course you are already fine cash-wise than give it to someone that will enjoy it. A local school maybe. Your dad probably kept it for a reason other than investment value.

If I could, I would keep it. But my little brother is getting deployed and I want to do something special for him. So, it will be sold.

I also found the MITS Disk-Extended basic Programming Reference Book dated July, 1976 and a June 1976 "Block Diagram of StarTrek" and article that looks like a game design. I also have the original issues of COMPUTER NOTES October 1977 "Special Software Issue" and COMPUTER NOTES March 1977 issue.

You know when the smog parts for a second and you see that strange flash of green? That's mutated lawn that has learned to live on non-completely burned hydrocarbons. It's NOT a random flashback. :)

LMAO

That is a shame about Hamilton. I used to have to go to Rochester for business and would hit the NF and go across the border.

I will keep my eyes peeled for this green stuff and when I see it, report it to the authorities.

LMAO

That is a shame about Hamilton. I used to have to go to Rochester for business and would hit the NF and go across the border.

I will keep my eyes peeled for this green stuff and when I see it, report it to the authorities.
Don't listen to him, Hamilton's still a beautiful town! Mind you, Dru doesn't do much for the scenery but two of my girlfriends live there, and Dandelions are just pretty flowers with a bad rep after all...

lol I was gonna recommend waiting until that other auction cleared but what the hell right? ;-) For those interested I see you posted the auction

FWIW I can't tell that the other one is a legit bid but I do think you have your auction set at a fair price so best of luck! :) Lots of folks would love to see the inside of the system to look at the mother board, and if you're careful not to touch any metal you could remove each card and take a picture then put it back where it went. That will help folks see what cards it has (also effects the price). A shot of it running is also a price boost although to be fair I have no idea what the default light pattern is supposed to be but that may help also if it's good or if there's a problem (someone here who has one can tell you a good default setting to set it to). The other auction could work to your advantage too, at least folks looking may consider it worth $3000 and see yours starting off lower will get initial bids. Hell I'm tempted to bid just to try "again" and get outbid ;-)

Don't listen to him, Hamilton's still a beautiful town! Mind you, Dru doesn't do much for the scenery but two of my girlfriends live there, and Dandelions are just pretty flowers with a bad rep after all...

I'm stuck on the "two of my girlfriends" part, forget the dandelions. If you are having that kind of success in Hamilton, you aren't seeing to much of the outside.

lol I was gonna recommend waiting until that other auction cleared but what the hell right? ;-) For those interested I see you posted the auction

FWIW I can't tell that the other one is a legit bid but I do think you have your auction set at a fair price so best of luck! :) Lots of folks would love to see the inside of the system to look at the mother board, and if you're careful not to touch any metal you could remove each card and take a picture then put it back where it went. That will help folks see what cards it has (also effects the price). A shot of it running is also a price boost although to be fair I have no idea what the default light pattern is supposed to be but that may help also if it's good or if there's a problem (someone here who has one can tell you a good default setting to set it to). The other auction could work to your advantage too, at least folks looking may consider it worth $3000 and see yours starting off lower will get initial bids. Hell I'm tempted to bid just to try "again" and get outbid ;-)

I've thought about taking the cover off, but I'm like a bull in a China shop. I will break something if I try to take stuff out. I'm the guy that goes to the Apple store when my iPhone won't turn on and then watches the kid turn on my phone in two seconds and gives me the "you must be an idiot" look.

I'm happy to say that I sold the Altair to an enthusiast and member of the forum today. ;)

Well, that's GREAT. I'm sure everyone concerned will be happy with the transaction.

As for MikeS, well, if he delivers the "goods" as quickly as he drops off the "Oh, I have some of (fill in the blank), I'll drop them off next time I'm in town" stuff to me, I'm sure it's sympathy on the part of those kindly Hamilton Ladies :)

Back