• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Altos 986 & 586 free to a good home (UK)

David737

I have an Altos 986 and a 586 with one monitor and keyboard, complete with an original User manual and a photocopied 586 Maintenance manual. Couple of key tops missing on keyboard. Systems last booted about 10 years ago and they worked then - been collecting dust in my loft ever since. Time for them to go to someone who wants them ;) Essex UK

Well I'm in luton, which is not a million miles from the london end of essex, but I'm 3 days from moving house.

I'm definitely prepared to give them a home, if you're prepared to wait a week or two while I get sorted. I don't know anything about the systems, but DON'T SKIP THEM!!!!

Give me a Private Message with an address, If it isn't toooooo far away, I'll pick up, otherwise I'll arrange a carrier, i.e. I'll see what I can do! Don't use email, as that's NTL & about to die!

Best wishes,

Nig.

Trust me, they're well worth the effort, Nige, if you're interested in running multi-user, multi-tasking OS on an 8088 (Concurrent CP/M (DOS), or Xenix). Did ya see the Altos 586 that sold on eBay yesterday for over 350.00?

--T

Sadly I can't watch Ebay in the US as well as the UK, The US one seems to have many goodies on it, & my income won't stretch that far!!!

Besides which I have to spend a certain amount of time on the stuff I have, I've got quite a bit going, but there's still a lot of dead (but tasty) wood. I can't resist a dinosaur with a low price tag.

I'll probably go "offline" on tuesday for a few days.

Back