• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Altos ACS 8000 7s Z80A

ribbets

Experienced Member
It's dusty and there is a couple of screws missing out of the cover
I finished opening it up ..I thought they had two floopy but this one, only had one. WHAT do I need for a monitor and keyboard?? and the 7S in the serial number does not match up with any I've looked up online

I'm not quite sure what the 7s means, but the system will hook up to just about any dumb terminal and/or a PC running a terminal program.

It may be a hard drive model if it only has the one floppy drive.

Totally Fitting

Totally Fitting

Eriks web site was the one that got me to The Vintage Forum and also was my 100 posting to senior member:p

WHAT do I need for a monitor and keyboard??
I imagine you can connect a serial terminal (or equivalent) to one of the serial ports on the back of the unit.
One of them is probably the console.

EDIT: console settings are likely to be 9600 8n1

Last edited:
Mine is kinda buried at the moment and I don't recall the exact model number, but it does have the hard drive installed (hidden under the mainboard). I'll know more about it soon (I hope), now that I have a bootdisk (TNX, Erik!).

--T

Yo, Terry, guy i used to work for, has offered me an Altos 586 for free. He has had it since new!!

Take it?

What the heck is it?

Tony

Yo, Terry, guy i used to work for, has offered me an Altos 586 for free. He has had it since new!!

Take it?

What the heck is it?

Tony

It's an 8086-based multi-user system, running Xenix or possibly a multi-user version of CP/M. It should be interesting to collect & play with. I used to have a 686, which is a 286 version. It ran Xenix until I accidently installed Concurrent CP/M/DOS on it one day. I can probably get mine back...mebbe I will...

--T

Just powered up that ACS 8000-2A.
SOUNDS like it has a hard disk...

2 x 8" floppy drives. I swear I saw the lights dim... :D

Yo! Erik! Got some more bootdisks? :cool:

Tony

This one looks like a winter project.. Needs a cleaning and the floppy has that white buildup on the outside metal, that may need the dremmel wire brush and my new vacuum with the grounded head..

Back