• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amiga 500 rev 6a. No video out from db23 port

PAYload

Hi, i got myself an amiga 500 rev 6a and i have no picture out from the db23 video port. I got an rolling b/w picture from the mono composite out. I have tried 2 different A520 modulators with no go.. No color composite or any rf found on tv. Tried 2 different tv's with no luck.
One of the tv's does have scart input so i got myself an db23->rgb scart cable but no luck either..

My tv's a fairly modern (one noname lcd 4k and one lg oled 2017model) but that shouldn't be the problem i'm guessing?

I really don't know what's next to try. The mono composit did not roll at first but after some time (multiple restarts when trying different cables) it did. It was crisp and good at first.

What can i do?
Thanks

Just a shot in the dark, but does the video system match? E.g. you are not trying to get a picture from a PAL machine on an NTSC TV?

Thanks for the responses.. They match, Amiga and tv is both PAL.. I haven't checked the capacitors as ajacocks suggested but i did read something about +12v on the db23 port that is used for switching. I have no +12v coming out of the port so i checked the psu and i don't have neither +12v or -12v from the psu... Still Amiga boots up and loads workbench fine. Hmmm, i need to get an new psu i guess.. I will come back with more findings :)

Soo, an update.. It was the missing 12v from the psu.. I converted an old atx psu and voila.. Now both the A520 modulator and my rgb-scart cable gives fine color picture.. Happy days... Thanks for the responses.. Now i will hunt down an replacement psu...

Back