• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amstrad CPC 6128 with power issues?

Flavio

Experienced Member
Hello,
I have received an Amstrad CPC 6128 not turning on (anymore).
When I got it, it did not power on (not even the led light).
I have opened it and I have seen a reparation on the 12V rail not done in a good way... I have "repaired it" and the computer started.
So I started making some tests... after some reboots the computer decided to not start anymore again.
My idea is that the 12V rail issues was not the real issue (let's say... another issue).
Any ideas?
Thank you

P.S.
I am using an original Amstrad monitor that works flawlessly with other computer! And the two voltages (5V and 12V) are ok.

Have you checked the power switch? Just open it and clean it, It's a known issue. Gooey stuff building inside it from the rubbery point that pushes the small metal doing contact.

Flavio, what do you have in the way of test gear? Obviously you must have a meter if you are measuring voltages but what else? A scope? Logic probe?

Have you checked the power switch? Just open it and clean it, It's a known issue. Gooey stuff building inside it from the rubbery point that pushes the small metal doing contact.
It is the power switch! I jumped the power switch connector and the computer starts flawlessly! Thank you very much 🤩🤩🤩

Back