• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Analog Interface device "Isaac" for Apple ][?

wa0rse

I have a device with a separate power supply, color coordinated, labelled "Isaac" with a red apple on the faceplate. It appears to have been manufactured by Cyborg Inc. around 1981. From the back panel connections and internal circuitry, it appears to be an analog/digital interface of some sort. I'm looking for information -- any hints?

--Paul, wa0rse

Pictures to come...

Pictures to come...

I just took some by have to get them transferred online somewhere. I made some corrections and additions to the original post. It is a very cool piece, came out of a local lab's surplus sale some time ago.

--Paul

Hmm

Hmm

I remember that. Its a multi-channel analog to digitial converter. And a digitial to analog converter. It's a control unit that contorlled servos and other things that your could hook up to it. The Apple 2 controlled lab equeptment through that Box. The software that was used to control it was Labsoft BASIC. If you found labsoft BASIC you probably could control stuff with it. Let me know if you want to know more I'll see if the Lab has any documents left....

-Vlad

Careful

Careful

Don't poke around inside its case too much. The stuff inside is Electro-static sensitive. Even though you don't feel anything, you could ruin a chip. And just incase you didn't know what a servo is, its a motor that moves things, like robotic arms and such. You could do some fun stuff with that box if you have something to hook to it. I remember we used to play with a robotic arm. Ah the old days of the Lab.....

-Vlad

Labsoft Basic

Labsoft Basic

Vlad--

It would be great if you could find some (any!) documentation for this device. I haven't poked around much in the interior. I think there is a card that plugs into the Apple ][ buss and then another that plugs into this unit, with a cable inbetween. I've run across someone with the Apple ][ card looking for info on the rest.

--Paul

ok

ok

Its been a really long time since I last used one of these. As far as I can remember the guy with the card looking for the rest has found it. I am pretty sure you have the rest. So if I remember correctly, if you two combine your stuff you should get it to work again. I 'll drop by the Lab tomarrow to see if any of the stuff that went to ours is still there.

-Vlad

Sorry

Sorry

Sorry but the Apple 2, the Isaac unit and all documentation and software was sold a long time ago. Its long gone. Sorry I couldn't help. I might try to dig up a website that might have some more information on it.

-Vlad

Back