• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

And whre is Germany?

I get why the effort is done where needed, after all this is a forum we donate our time, to help others in order for the hobby to thrive.

from bewitched?
Noooo... :p
What I am surprised is that in @1ST1 's first post in this thread my country appears, which is already something. Many fellow Andorrans have had trouble when travelling due to the country being too small some maps even ignore it or due to the passport being so rare that they think it is fake or because its format is uppercase "O" followed by a number, which in many places it is incorrectly read as a zero... o_O

You also should rewrite "Holy See" by "Vatican" that everyone understands better. And then let's see if there are enthusiasts inside Vatican for historic computers...

Additionally, Belarus and Russia currently aren't any part of Europe.

Additioanlly you should als move some south-east european countries of the "south group" more east...

Mmmmhh... No, I disagree. Europe spans from the Iberian Peninsula to the Urals, but I understand how you may be feeling being closer to the hot spot. I'm of the conviction that we should keep contact open.

We’re not intending to cover political geography so, Belarus and Russia definitely are totally or partially located in geographic Europe.

Honestly, we don’t care at all, and are willing to make whatever alignments are desired.

We have also left out San Marino and Andorra, not to mention a whole long list of other countries. We tend to add the countries that users request.

- Alex

However we cannot afford this openness either, admins should carefully and always have an eye open. The servers allocating this site are located in the US, right?

I use to dig into DTIC ADA's collection of declassified military material in the Internet Archive because there are many interesting computer-related circuits. I once saw a brief made in the 70s describing a missile being controlled by multiple intel 8080 MPUs. Until November/December 2021 the semiconductor plaint in Kyiv was still producing KR580VM80A which was the 8080 clone and as of today the Russian Federation is still producing K1801/K1806/KA1013/N1836 PDP-11 derived-MPUs. I don't know what serves as the brain of an "Iskander" missile, but have in mind here in the Western Block there are technological sanctions and the expertise and materials found here could damage this whole site if not handled properly. Personally I don't like the current situation and while in other situations it may be possible, in this case we cannot ignore completely what is happening due to the possible use of USSR-designed set of microprocessors potentially being used for war.

That's all I have to say in this respect.

Now, focusing on the central issue of the thread and knowing that you removed my country, could you re-add Andorra, please?

Regards

Hah! We definitely didn't remove Andorra (I've actually visited there, and really enjoyed it), it's in the "Southern Europe" category.

Covers: Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Malta, Andorra, San Marino and the Vatican.

- Alex

Back