• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Announcing a V2 Version of the PDP11 S100 Bus CPU board and a companion Support Board

monahan_z

Experienced Member
After some 6 months of work and over 20 prototype S100 boards (see picture below), I am delighted to announce the availability of our newest member to our S100 board collection. It’s a V2 PDP11 CPU S100 bus board and a companion PDP11 Support Board. The former is a major upgrade of the original (V1) PDP1 S100 CPU board. The Support Board works closely with this board to provide two extra serial ports, a printer parallel port and the processing of 8 interrupt lines compatible with the Digital DL11 & DL11-W hardware UniBus boards. Please see here for more information:

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/PDP11%20V2%20Board/PDP11%20Board%20V2.htm

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/PDP11%20Support%20Board/PDP11%20Support%20%20Board.htm

Both boards are now open to our regular members for bare board ordering. The usual drill for ordering is on the web page. In summary, $18/board + shipping, payable via PayPal upon receiving the boards. Please order the boards here. Do not do so via my e-mail address. I cannot hold boards from previous orders to add this pair as well. The order process for this board pair will run its own separate tread. You may order the V2 CPU board alone if you just want to run your own (custom) PDP-11 code. It runs as a S100 Bus Slave or Master (with a 60Hz onboard timer).

Please note this board set is not suitable for beginners. While building both boards is explained in some detail in a step by step manner and an extensive ROM based monitor is provide with many diagnostic tests, both boards have many “moving parts”. Debugging a setup like this would be quite difficult for a beginner. Unfortunately I cannot provide any handholding to builders. You are on your own.
The next step/board will be a TU58/Digital tape drive board/emulator.

John Monahan
PDP11 Boards.jpg

Last edited:
Hi John;

Are there any of the two Boards left ??
I submitted my order on Your support page, Thank You John for doing these Boards..

THANK YOU Marty

Last edited:
Back