• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Any HP-41C Fans Here?

smp

Veteran Member
Hi All,

I have gotten the HP-41C bug again, recently winning an eBay auction for what looks like a perfectly pristine HP-41C, just like the one I bought and owned back in the late 1970s and 1980s.

So, are there any HP-41C fans lurking around here?

I have acquired a couple of HP41CVs along the way, and I've bid on a couple of HP-41CXs that got way too expensive for me, so I do not yet have an HP-41CX. I've acquired the HP-41 Advantage Module and the X Functions Module. I'd like to get a hold of the Time Module, but usually those are too expensive, too.

What I would really, really like to get is the Forth Module. I've heard about it, and I think that it was actually made by someone outside of HP. If anyone has any information on this, I would appreciate hearing about it.

I have wandered around the Internet from time to time, and I am amazed about the things that folks have created to enhance the venerable HP-41. Much of it is way over my head, so I don't know if I will venture any further with it or not.

I figured this might be a good place to start and see if there's anyone else out there who is also a fan of this great programmable claculator / handheld computer.

smp

I'm enough of a fan that for a long time I have thought it would be interesting to have at least one HP-41 series, but not enough to go out and acquire one yet.

I bought an HP-34C brand new when those first came out, and then moved to buying an HP-15C and HP-16C brand new when those first came out, skipping over the HP-41C series.

In the last few years I have bought an HP-35s and HP-50g new, and 2 or 3 used HP-48 series, plus an HP-32Sii which is one of my favorite ones.

Some day I might finally get around to picking up an HP-41 series, though most of the time anymore I just use an RPN calculator app on my phone.

I'm a fan of them, but don't own one. I have several 32S and 32SIIs, and that's it.

Back