• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Any Laser Printer techs in the NY, CT, NJ, or MA area? for Color Laser repair? HP

VERAULT

Veteran Member
So I have an HP Color Laserjet CP3525DN since 2015 that I got new in box. It has worked great up until a little over a year ago. It started having a sound followed by a 59.F0 ERROR on the screen. Video explaining it found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1YhZXxLp0

I used to be able to clear it by just turning it off for a while but now it wont go away. This is an amazing printer which I used to print manuals with.

According to some info I found on the internet there is a stuck solenoid in the center of the unit so it needs a full tear down. Id really rather not do it myself. I did basic laser printer repairs back in the days the HP LJ 2,3, and 4 were out but It was never really my schtick. Id rather have a dedicated printer tech look at the thing.

I am not a business; this for all intents and purposes is used as a personal printer on my network. Id really like to have it back in operation as its my only color printer (no I will never go back to inkjet, been free of that garbage for 20 years)

Please contact me if you can help.

Mick

I would look around for an authorized HP office supply place. I had a client with a VERY filthy LJ4 years ago that was working very badly and I was surprised by the high level of competence and relatively low price of the repair displayed by the trained tech. TIP: If you bring it in and are not in a hurry it should cost a LOT less.

I used to work on LJ4's.. They arent to bad. In fact I gave one to a friend and hooked it up to his router so he could have wireless printing on his home network. He was pretty happy with it. IT was a 4P though, I prefer the fullsize LJ4. Anyway the model II's, III, and 4's are like a 50's chevy will run forever.. and there are plenty of parts to ensure that.

Problem is whereto find these HP techs. I dont want to bring it to staples.. They adoped the inhouse "geeksquad" type of crew so I wouldnt let those people near a dollar store calculator. Id be happy to drop it off at an a "shop" of any kind if I knew they did this sort of thing. I havent seen a store like that in ages. All we have are "broken screen ipad, cellphone, laptop PC repair" places.. And since they put the phones and ipads before the PC bit in thier title... well that too speaks volumes.

I would look around for an authorized HP office supply place. I had a client with a VERY filthy LJ4 years ago that was working very badly and I was surprised by the high level of competence and relatively low price of the repair displayed by the trained tech. TIP: If you bring it in and are not in a hurry it should cost a LOT less.
I'm will to bet even odds that if you tote that machine into a HP facility the labor costs would be close to that of a new unit.

yeah thats what I am afraid of. I need this done economically. ITs a personal printer to me (even though its huge).

I have the same problem with my Color LaserJet 3700. There is a foam pad on the switch that disintegrates leaving sticky residue behind. The solenoid in the printer lands up sticking to the switch triggering the error. Of course it has to be a part that literally buried in the bottom of the printer.

so yours has the same issue? unbelievable thst such expensive printers have such a design flaw. what do you plan on doing to yours?

The printer is 18 years old. Problems like this crop up as things age. I'll eventually fix it when I have the time and patience. Add it to the pile of broken stuff already on the "to do" list. Whats interesting is that I have two CP4525s at work and so far none of these weird issues despite being beaten into the ground every day printing.

I did a quick search for printer repair companies near me (Dutchess County, NY) and found some down in the NYC and one up in the Albany, NY area. No experiences with him, but I would rather drive to Albany than deal with NYC traffic and prices.

yeah i am definitely avoiding the city thats for sure. but i really dont want to drive 2 and a half hours each way to Albamy either.

Back