• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Any rare apple II accessories I should keep and eye out for?

ignis-fatuus

I've been bitten by the Apple II bug and have been lucky enough to snag some deals on a couple of models (][+ and //e). As I look to see what people are selling, I've noticed that fair number of people list their vintage Apple wares as being "rare", yet I see them enough that I sure it's often just used as marketing tactic. It's gotten me wondering, are there any rare/uncommon Apple II's or accessories worth keeping an eye out for? I would love to know more about Apple II oddities which have been documented and are generally sought after.

I can think of a few...

SuperSprite Card (video card)
Microsoft Z80 Card
Number Nine Booster Card
Koala and Apple graphics tablets
Supertalker / Cricket / Echo II Voice modules
Mockingbird
Tape II tape based storage system
Any the original monitors as well as modems

I can think of a few...

SuperSprite Card (video card)
Microsoft Z80 Card
Number Nine Booster Card
Koala and Apple graphics tablets
Supertalker / Cricket / Echo II Voice modules
Mockingbird
Tape II tape based storage system
Any the original monitors as well as modems
not sure why you would think the macroshaft's cp/m card is rare; it was extremely popular back in the day and there must be hundreds of thousand of them out there.
Koala pads were also very common. Apple graphics table (with dedicated interface card) might be a little harder to come by, but no impossible to find.
AE Transwarp is also widely available. Transwarp II, not so much. (sold mine for six bills some years ago.)
Mocking board appears every now and then, but the speech chip is nearly impossible to find (cheaply.)

All this stuff is getting harder to find in general, and in good working condition. *shrug*

There’s just rare to see on a IIe but findable
Vulcan hard drive
Apple graghics tablet
Superdrive card
An accelerator
PC Transporter
Floptical

Then there’s rare that very rarely comes up for sale
OKS Multi-Kache Card
RamWorks with 2mb Expander
Ramfast with 4mb expander
Inner drive
Econ Pegasus
Zipdrive (hard drive on a card)
Cirtech Insyder
Amdek 3” drive

Both of those lists could be easily expanded to a page or two

ZipChip accelerator is nice because it's Mockingobard aware, so it won't speed up music if you're playing games or using software like Music Construction Set.

How about the AppleColor Monitor 100+RGB 80 Col card? Was happy to have picked up a working Monitor 100 for next to nothing a couple of weeks ago...The RGB card, however, was a bit more pricey.

In one of my other posts someone mentioned that there's a rare Apple Monitor /// stand worth keeping an eye out for--not exactly sure how it differs from the ones I've seen lately (often paired with Apple ][+ setups for whatever reason).

Wildcard 2. I actually saw one included with a IIe sale on Ebay. I wanted to buy it but the seller and I could not agree on a price.

Mocking board appears every now and then, but the speech chip is nearly impossible to find (cheaply.)
I've been looking for a mockingboard but I really keep seeing modern kits popup on the ol fleabay. How much would you expect an OG mockingboard go for when one does pop up?

Back