• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anybody use one of these SC131 CP/M systems

KenUnix

I just built one of these and this thing is really cool. I ended up with black case and white front/back panels. Everything needed came to run it I didn't need the serial cable/adapter so it cost me $66 + $8 shipping and came in 8 days from the UK to the US.

Hi. Does anyone know of available programs for the SC-131. Using Terra term how would you transfer the executable to the SD-131 SD card. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, @KenUnix !

As far as programs go, anything compiled for the Intel 8080, the Zilog Z80, or the Z180 should run. You can use the built-in file transfer facility in Tera Term to upload, and there are lots of utilities for CP/M that you can use to receive your upload.

Here is a good resource to get you started:

Based on your handle, are you a UNIX fan? Which ones?

- Alex

Hi.

I don't use WIN10/11 for this.

Do you want to transfer individual files or an entire SD.
For files the program 'xmodem'

I work with Linux and use the tools for this:
cpmcp
cpmls
etc.

Copy CF card
SC126 SCM S6
read from CF copy linux
dd if=/dev/sdb of=cf128gb_sc126.img
sync

Here is the relevant information

Kurt

Likewise I used the sd card and cp/m tools for CP/M work. It's also possible to run CP/NET by attaching a Wiznet 5500 to the CSIO.

Most stuff works. There are a small number of Z80 illegal instruction abusing programs that blow up on the Z180 as the CP/M and firmware (ROMWBW) used by the RC2014 systems lacks a Z80 illegal fixup routine for Z180 processor exceptions.

Back