• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone going to VCF-E

Crawford

Experienced Member
Folks,

Are any of you going to the VCF East show?

My friend Maki and I are driving up Friday morning and staying through Saturday.

Hope to see some of you there!

- Crawford

Folks,

Are any of you going to the VCF East show?

My friend Maki and I are driving up Friday morning and staying through Saturday.

Hope to see some of you there!

- Crawford

I wish I was. Too far for me this year. Maybe next year. I'll be retired then.

I will probably go Saturday. It has been a few years since I was there.

Tim, maybe you can move back east after you retire!

Lou
I wish, but my brother and I are moving to Texas. He'll do better there in the warmer weather.
He's got major health issues with kidney problems. He retired a few years ago and moved in
with me. Maybe I'll drive up from Texas next year.

I'll be there, hiding in the consignment room. Bring any excess stuff you want to sell and I'll take care of it for you.

I want to do that. Do you also sell your stuff from glitchworks at VCF? What to do with an 8085 SBC, well that is beyond me!

I'll probably bring some of my current board stock, I don't know that I'll bring any other kits. The 8085 SBC rev 3 is roughly equivalent to a turnkey system from the late 70's. It's largely software compatible with the IMSAI 8080. Out of the box you can run IMSAI 8K BASIC. There will be a storage controller (probably CompactFlash) expansion and a full CP/M 2.2 at a later time. The expansion header is the new GlitchBus pinout a few of us have been working on (people just started calling it that :) ). There will be many boards available in the future, but for now, I do have GlitchBus prototyping cards!

how does that work kb2syd? Do the owners give your thier bottom price or set thier own asking price?

Owner sets initial asking price. I try to get that. There are times set aside to alter your price point. If you're attending, you can also leave your number and handle negotiations via text or phone call. I collect the sale price and VCF keeps a percentage for managing the sale. You can be paid via cash or paypal. Buyers can use cash or credit card.

It works pretty well

It works pretty well

Owner sets initial asking price. I try to get that. There are times set aside to alter your price point. If you're attending, you can also leave your number and handle negotiations via text or phone call. I collect the sale price and VCF keeps a percentage for managing the sale. You can be paid via cash or paypal. Buyers can use cash or credit card.

Hey, just my 2 cents. I thought the consignment idea worked out pretty well. I sold some sun sparcs, and SGI boxes last year. There were also some things that tempted me, but I resisted...

Back